Sign in to follow this  
lionhunter

Pig video 12 year old young lady

Took my buddy and his daughter out pig hunting this past year.  First day was a snowy mess yielding no pigs.  The following day we were able to turn up a group of pigs about a mile away.  Took his 12 year old daughter and a pretty steep hike to get her 290 yards from the bedded pigs.  One well placed shot from her 6.5 Grendel and the rest was all smiles!!

Good day for sure

Whitey

j reagan pig.jpeg

j and Reagan.jpg

• Like 12

On 5/6/2019 at 6:18 PM, lionhunter said:

Took my buddy and his daughter out pig hunting this past year.  First day was a snowy mess yielding no pigs.  The following day we were able to turn up a group of pigs about a mile away.  Took his 12 year old daughter and a pretty steep hike to get her 290 yards from the bedded pigs.  One well placed shot from her 6.5 Grendel and the rest was all smiles!!

Good day for sure

Whitey

What bullet are you shooting out of that Grendel?

Very cool!

I love it when a plan comes together, thanks for sharing and tell that young lady congrats

He loads a light weight SST in it...  I want to say 129 gr sound about right.  She harvested a 3 point mule deer with it as well.  So far it works well for her. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 6:08 PM, lionhunter said:

He loads a light weight SST in it...  I want to say 129 gr sound about right.  She harvested a 3 point mule deer with it as well.  So far it works well for her. 

Hornady did a short run of a 100gr interlock in 6.5mm.  I've often thought about having a CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 converted to 6.5 Grendel, but I'd want to have a lighter bullet with stouter construction than a varmint round.  A 100gr in the interlock or SST would be ideal for that application.  Interesting to see that the 129gr still performed well out to that distance.  Do you know how far the shot was on her mule deer?