First of all.....can't believe there isn't a handgun sub-topic here....

So can anyone chime in on the XP100 in .221 fireball value? It's an early version, 4 didget s/n, in excellent condition, original case and paperwork. Trigger recall completed in 1979.

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know what they’re worth but I’ve been wanting one of these for years!!  If you decide to sell it PM me.  That being said I’ll start the bidding at $500 ;)

• Like 1

Condition of case, bore, and overall will dictate price. Hard black zippered case with Dupont logo?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L Cazador said:

Condition of case, bore, and overall will dictate price. Hard black zippered case with Dupont logo?

All in excellent condition. Original case, repair tag from 1979 regarding safety recall. Some on Gun Broker going for $1000 plus, others can be found for $800, some forums place worth between $400-600.

Funny, gun sold for $99 originally.

I sent you a pm and the $800 is pretty close. check to see if barrel code is 1963.

• Like 1

Thanks! How do I tell that code? S/N is 6xxx.

7 hours ago, Couestracker said:

All in excellent condition. Original case, repair tag from 1979 regarding safety recall. Some on Gun Broker going for $1000 plus, others can be found for $800, some forums place worth between $400-600.

Funny, gun sold for $99 originally.

Well, every once in a decade a firearm come along and is an instant classic. Nylon 66 is a good example. I bought an XP in about 88 or so in 7BR to shoot Silhouette, shot clover leafs at 100 yards when it wasn't shooting one holes. With iron sights, about as good as my TC in 223. But that had a 1.5X scope so there was an advantage. All handloads BTW. Probably paid about $300 for the XP but I had an FFL at the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Couestracker said:

Thanks! How do I tell that code? S/N is 6xxx.

Four digits only made in 1963 so second letter in barrel code must be a K. First letter in code will be the month it was made in 1963. The code is on the left side of the barrel by the recoil lug. A 'CK' code would be April, 1963. If you buy it bring it over and we'll shoot the crap out of it to see if it's for real, LLOl ! If you don't buy it let me know, I'll give you a finder's fee. These have really lost some value in the past five years as the "baby boomers like me have stopped collecting them and the new generation like you don't have an idea of their value. My prediction is the prime specimens like the one you're referring to will come back in the next ten years and double or triple in value. But then will the Democrats outlaw firearms and then will it become a piece of useless junk?!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, L Cazador said:

Four digits only made in 1963 so second letter in barrel code must be a K. First letter in code will be the month it was made in 1963. The code is on the left side of the barrel by the recoil lug. A 'CK' code would be April, 1963. If you buy it bring it over and we'll shoot the crap out of it to see if it's for real, LLOl ! If you don't buy it let me know, I'll give you a finder's fee. These have really lost some value in the past five years as the "baby boomers like me have stopped collecting them and the new generation like you don't have an idea of their value. My prediction is the prime specimens like the one you're referring to will come back in the next ten years and double or triple in value. But then will the Democrats outlaw firearms and then will it become a piece of useless junk?!!

Ok, I am buying it, next time I go to Tucson I'll bring it and look you up. I was there 3rd Thu 13th grade.

Thank you for the detailed info.

Yep ten four there buddy! We'll have an XP100 jam session! I'll show you some XP's that shoot 1 inch groups at 300 yards! Love XP's

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, L Cazador said:

Yep ten four there buddy! We'll have an XP100 jam session! I'll show you some XP's that shoot 1 inch groups at 300 yards! Love XP's

Sent you a pm.