Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

The Draw ?

With AZGFD looking for new ways to create revenue and the next draw coming up I had a thought.

How many of you guys would pay to watch the draw process? Or even better what if it was an event like the NFL draft where they had an expo and banquet and made the selection process public?

I’d go for sure at least 2x per year.

• Like 5

I would pay extra to have them draw my name:)

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I have a feeling the draw is a lot like sausage being made... I'm not sure I really want to know how it works and I seriously doubt they want everyone watching it happen live. 

In theory, it should be simple, hit enter and boom... History says it's not that easy..

• Like 1

Flatlander ,this the smartest thing you have ever said. I love the Idea...........BOB!

• Confused 1

People.complain about how.long the draw takes anyway.  Going live would.take weeks.

It would need to be more like Barrett Jackson.  Know what lot you are hoping for, and be there at the scheduled date and time.

Yeah, that’s a hard no for me. We are fighting to keep AZ away from having a banquet raffle/auction like Utah has. Having a banquet just for the standard draw would be a small foot in the door. How many tags are issued through the draw in AZ? The banquet would have to last for a week. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Yeah, that’s a hard no for me. We are fighting to keep AZ away from having a banquet raffle/auction like Utah has. Having a banquet just for the standard draw would be a small foot in the door. How many tags are issued through the draw in AZ? The banquet would have to last for a week. 

Couldn’t they do a bunch of it simultaneously instead of one tag at a time? I have to believe they could go through the process of issuing the random numbers and then dividing up the hunts by 1st and second choice relatively quickly.

I get it if you don’t like banquets, but it seems logistically possible.

• Like 1

Have a monitor for each draw..  20 computers could whip it out in 10 mind or less. Pre do the max point draw and have them on the gold screen.

I understand what you are trying to do, and greatly appreciate your concern on raising funds to keep more auction and raffle tags out of Arizona. I am sure G&F and sneaky Pete would be licking their chops at the idea of more banquets and that is not what we need. All logical options of raising money presented to G&F have been shut down, including simple license fee increases or "stamp ideas" because they don't want to place a "financial burden" on hunters. I'm sorry, but $3-$5 would not place a burden on ANY Arizona hunters these days. Hunting for 99.999% of people in Arizona is not just a way of procuring meat or any form of subsistence living like it can be in other places. I'm going out on a limb but i would be willing to bet if G&F would allow people to get their draw results a week or two earlier than the general public for an additional $5, a LOT of people would gladly pay it. It could be an extra box you click when applying that ensures your draw results will get emailed to you by "X date" and you wouldn't have to mess with your portal account or anything. I for one would not pay the fee but i bet a lot would.  

• Like 1