firstcoueswas80

Scratch those ears for me

My wife and I put down our loyal yellow lab this morning. Charlie was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He likely had a little more time, but we decided to do it when he was still in good spirits. He was 9 1/2, extremely low key and loyal. This dog will make a long impression on me. I already miss him terribly.

IMG959611.jpg

IMG954153.jpg

0302101011.jpg

20190228_144252.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sorry man, it’s always tuff to let them go.

That's too bad man. I feel bad for you. Sometimes it's almost harder than losing a family member. My bloodhound is getting old and i get a lump in my throat just thinking about that dreadful day.  Keep your chin up. looks like you have a good pack to carry on his memory though. 

Dang.  Sorry to hear that y'all lost a good friend and family member.  I can still get emotional when I think about Rica.  I remember too when you got Ojos and took him shooting.

57 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Dang.  Sorry to hear that y'all lost a good friend and family member.  I can still get emotional when I think about Rica.  I remember too when you got Ojos and took him shooting.

Ojos was terrified, Charlie wasnt much better. 

I took Charlie scouting one day. Took my foxpro and AR with. Decided to sit down and call. Coyote came in, shot him and Charlie took off.

I couldn't call him back so I went along with what I was doing.

Couple hours later i get back to the Ranger and what do you know.... hes waiting there for me. Likely had been since since about 5 minutes after the shot.

• Like 1

The cost of a good dog is a broken heart at the end.

Gave my good old boy a hearty rub tonight.

Dogspeed, Charlie.

Tougher for me in many ways than losing a good 2-legged friend. My heart goes out to you and your family ...

sorry man! I feel for you!!!

Loss of a loyal one is sometimes the hardest thing!

James