CatfishKev

Mounting brackets for dual big eye spotter set ups

Anyone know someone who makes them? Im thinking one for razor 65s. Saw they make them for the meopta S2, but dang $600? Not to mention I can't afford 2 sets of the S2s!

Do you know if they will work side by side in the normal position or does one or both need to be rotated 90° to allow for eye fitment?

Do they have a mount that allows for the scope to rotate while the plate stays in the horizontal plane?

Aluminum stock is cheap.  Played with some a while back and made a setup for a spotter, binos and camcorder in 1 group for less than 20.00. 

• Like 1

pretty sure they would have to be rotated. I found a used bracket for $300 which sounds good considering all the prices Ive seen.

25 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Hit up Jay Scott, he always mentions someone that made his for his twin spotters. I believe someone out of prescott makes them.

this. somebody in Prescott was making them. Maybe DM Kevin Passmore. For some reason i think i remember him having something to do with the outfit that was manufacturing them. Not sure if they still make them though. The BTX probably put a big hit on that market

I made my own with $30 worth of aluminum plate for my kowa 664s. Works good and optically they are amazing. The 30x wide angle kowa eyepieces are money. 

Yeah there was a place in Prescott (Garrett Precision), don't think it's in business anymore. However I heard of another guy in Prescott that used to make them who owns a popular map making company. Won't post the name until I know for sure.  Waiting to hear back. 

That being said, I'm thinking making my own as others have stated is the way to go.

3 hours ago, Hatchet Jack said:

I made my own with $30 worth of aluminum plate for my kowa 664s. Works good and optically they are amazing. The 30x wide angle kowa eyepieces are money. 

Could you post some pics of your set up?

If i take the docters for a weekend im pretty sure we'll just end up in a custody battle.

• Like 2

Very nice!  I think I could make one of those.   Where did you find the aluminum stock? Do welding shops carry it? Also, just curious,  what type of tripod head is that?

So just an update to this thread. There is still, a guy in Prescott that makes them but they are only for the Swaro 65s.  When searching some old posts I saw a guys name mentioned and PMd the member who mentioned him.  He did say I can give his info to someone if they want it so if you are interested pm me.  

Now as for the Kowa 664s it looks like I am on my own.  I did find an outfit back in PA that makes them for kowa scopes, but they only make them for the big objective kowa scopes but said if I can get some folks together they would probably have some made. I'm going to call them back next week and at least look into what they would cost. If anyone is interested let me know.