PseAZ

Spotter Upgrade?

Thinking about trying to upgrade my spotter sometime this year, Im currently running a viper Hd. We don't have many options around me so trying to get a few honest opinions. Looking at the Leopold Gold ring, Razor HD, or a older STS? I can get all 3 for around the same price so just wondering what you all think based on experience. Not sure what route I wanto go yet. I have some SLC's just want a solid spotter but cant afford 3-4K

I sold my Swarovski 80HD for the Meopta S2.  You can buy one for under $2000.  Trust me, you will love it!!!!  You are welcome to take mine out if you want to try one out.

• Like 2

I’ve got the cabelas instict rebranded Meopta S2 I’d probably sell. Probably the best spotter for for the money. The 70x super zoom is great. Definitely better than the 3 you listed

• Like 2

If you don't want full size check out the kowa 664s.  They are supposedly neck and neck with the swaro but for about a grand.

Ill have to look into the Meopta S2, haven't heard of them before? It will still be a bit before I can do anything but its defiantly on the to do list. id say my budget would be around $1500 through work I get some good deals one some optics that's why I been looking at the ones mentioned above. I really wish I could afford the swaro's but just not gunna happen ' think the wife will kill me" haha

8 hours ago, Big Browns said:

I sold my Swarovski 80HD for the Meopta S2.  You can buy one for under $2000.  Trust me, you will love it!!!!  You are welcome to take mine out if you want to try one out.

Grin....

• Like 1

+1 for Sport Optics.  That's where I purchased my S2.

• Like 2

A new Meostar S2 would be $1,999.99. The Kowa 66 series is also a great option for less $$$$ It would be our pleasure to discuss options with you if you've got a few minutes to give a call, 516-217-1000

Doug

Camera Land

What are your intended purposes with the scope? I bought a kowa tsn 554 with the flourite lens and feel like it was a very good decision. I've had it next to multiple top end hd 65mm spotters and did not feel outgunned in the slightest. It blew my mind that something so small and so light could be so clear and so bright. Field of view is not the best and neither is eye relief but I don't glass with it and only use it after I have glassed something up or at the range. Doug and camera land gave me a surprisingly good deal also, which helped make my decision easier. I recommend at least doing some research on it unless you're dead set on something bigger and more expensive. There is literally zero difference in clarity between the kowa and the swaro hd from what I could tell. Bold statement I know. 

I like the 20-70 zoom personally. If i used it for "glassing" I would probably go for the 20-60WA, but for a quick look to try and decide whether the buck is 95" or 105", it is hard to beat the 70x. also takes great digiscoping photos. I sold my zeiss 15-45x65, which was a great spotter but I much prefer the meopta, although it is pretty big and heavy.  

• Like 2