Sign in to follow this  
savagman

Lake Pleasant Striper Guides

I know I saw pictures and info here before but can't find it.  I want to take my mom and dad Striper fishing at night, but my bass boat is a bit unstable for them.  I remember a pontoon, under lights, guy from this form.  Anyone have a recommendation?  I thought it was the Striper Hunter but can't find anything.  

Help?

2nd for the hook up guide service, They have some nice big boats.

so if you dont listen to that Butt monkey above , at least listen to me ;)

Don Martin is Striper Hunters.  He is out of Kingman and fishes Lake Mead not Pleasant.  He just got a new boat and is getting it dialed in again. 

Here's a thread from last year.

https://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/79578-striper-fishing-ready-to-take-off-on-lake-mead/

Troll a DD22 in either white splatter black or in pearl white near in the channel leading to Humbug just before sundown. Once it gets dark out, anchor in 50' - 70' of water, drop a green light 10' below the boat and start chumming with frozen cut anchovies. The action should start in 30 min or less. If it doesn't, move spots. Dropshot cut anchovies on a 1/0 circle hook on 6# flouro line and it should be game on. It works. 

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

Was that pic from this year? Heading out Saturday but figured it was still a bit early and figuring this cool week isn't going to help anything.

6 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Was that pic from this year? Heading out Saturday but figured it was still a bit early and figuring this cool week isn't going to help anything.

From almost exactly a year ago. Been swamped with work this year and haven't gotten out to Plez much. But been to Bartlett and Rosy a bunch this year (easier on a weekend for me). I usually try and stay away from Plez during the weekends. That same technique has worked year after year after year. 

But if you're in the market for a guide, go with The Hook Up or AZ Fishing Guides. I imagine you couldn't go wrong with either.