PRDATR

Dental Work

Charles Bier in Payson, 3 tooth Bridge $2700. Never felt a thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I got cheap burbon, snap-on pliers, a headlamp, garden hose, and an inspection mirror. No cost, just need the experience. Pm me.

Are you limiting your services to just dental work?

I had a friend have dental work done in Puerto Penasco to "show" his nervous girlfriend it would be okay... hahaha he looked like his dog, which is a bull dog, no pain pills and swollen like a big tick.  heck TO THE NO!  Go to the Midwestern Dental College in Glendale, quality work under qualified dentists( instructors) and subject to the sterilization standards that will keep you from losing your jaw bone in two years.  I spend a ton of time in Mexico, but I will not have dental  work done there on a bet.

14 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

On no fella, I’m open to any “special” work that requires my services.

I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy on the 31st of this month, however if you think you can get er done without me going through the prep, we could possibly set something up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy on the 31st of this month, however if you think you can get er done without me going through the prep, we could possibly set something up.

We'll both have to empty my supply of cheap burbon for that one.

I'd stay in the states for dental and like others mentioned with some good referrals listed, many will work with payments too, just need to ask them.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 7:34 PM, wildwoody said:

Charles Bier in Payson, 3 tooth Bridge $2700. Never felt a thing.

Beier for the win. Thanks WildWoody

• Like 1

Crazy all this scare talk about Mexico dental work....  Lol. My whole family goes down there as well as dozens of my friends.  None have had a bad experience.  My mom hates Mexico but had her implant and bridge screwed up here and went to Mexico to get it fixed...  Plus both places we go in Mexico also has practices here in the states but charge 3 to 4 times as much.    I asked them why and they said because the people in Mexico can't afford it so they have to charge less....  Plus they take all major dental insurance as well...

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, buffhunter said:

Crazy all this scare talk about Mexico dental work....  Lol. My whole family goes down there as well as dozens of my friends.  None have had a bad experience.  My mom hates Mexico but had her implant and bridge screwed up here and went to Mexico to get it fixed...  Plus both places we go in Mexico also has practices here in the states but charge 3 to 4 times as much.    I asked them why and they said because the people in Mexico can't afford it so they have to charge less....  Plus they take all major dental insurance as well...

people in this thread saying not to go, likely have never even been there or done a lick of research on the subject. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

people in this thread saying not to go, likely have never even been there or done a lick of research on the subject. 

I’ve done a bit more research on the topic then most people.  I’ll cut and paste my previous post as it sums it up well.

“Be careful in Mexico.  I went to dental school in Glendale and saw some really bad stuff come out of Mexico.  Their cost per procedure is going to be lower but they are gonna make it up in volume.  I can’t count how many times I saw someone who needed one crown and a couple fillings and they came back with 4-5 crowns.  Yes they probably spent the same or less for those 4-5 crowns but the thing about dental work is that if you do 4-5 crowns poorly you’re setting yourself up for a really really expensive future.  Everything dental goes up exponentially each time you mess with it.  A sealant is $30 (sealing a crack before a cavity) a filling is $200 (cutting the cavity out and filling it back up) a crown is $1000 (cutting the tooth into a top hat shape and recovering it with a new ceramic top) a root canal and crown is $2500.  Taking the tooth out and replacing with an implant is $3500.  All of these prices will be lower in MX, but I can promise you they don’t stay in business at the prices they charge without doing volume.  If someone comes into my office for a $1000 crown my overhead eats up pretty quick.  If I do two the second one has much much higher profit and so on.  That’s how they make money on a $300 crown.  The other thing to keep in mind is the dental lab work from down there is atrocious.  I saw stuff in dental school that I know I could have done better on when I was 8 yrs old.  Just for reference, my dental lab charges me $250 to build me a crown.   That’s what it costs for quality work.   If I charged $300 for crowns I would go out of business in a hurry.  Im betting they get their crowns from Mexican labs for $15-30.  Scary thought if you ask me.  When you think about the stuff a tooth has to go through, acid, hot coffee to cold ice cream in the same bite, hundreds of PSI of pressure.   The thought that a $15 piece of lab ceramic made by an underage worker in a lab mill in Mexico is gonna make it more then a few years is not happening.  That’s my two cents on it.  Get a dentist you trust.  Spend the money.  You won’t regret it.  I wish I were closer I could get you set up. “