Flatlander

Moosings - Idaho - 2019

What are your thoughts on taking a smaller bull than your expectations come last day?

1 hour ago, Explorer said:

What are your thoughts on taking a smaller bull than your expectations come last day?

I am exerting all my will power not to do that. Moose in ID is a once in a lifetime harvest. If I pull the trigger it’s over, and I never get another chance. If I go home empty handed I get to look forward to doing this again someday.

As my wife often reminds me... Don’t trade what you want most for what you want right now.

22 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I am exerting all my will power not to do that. Moose in ID is a once in a lifetime harvest. If I pull the trigger it’s over, and I never get another chance. If I go home empty handed I get to look forward to doing this again someday.

As my wife often reminds me... Don’t trade what you want most for what you want right now.

Gotcha. Didnt realize it was a once and done tag like bighorn. Good luck. 

Day 6

Checked a new place and found this guy with 2 cows. Seems like there should be a big boy in there. Maybe soon.

F915562E-1D75-4B86-81D3-08A29E04DAF0.thumb.jpeg.64b3ec2afe7b6e6f8ad539e44075275b.jpeg

Got about 3” of snow at camp. I think tomorrow I will try to cut a big track and run that beast down.

Tonight I came down off the mountain to meet my family who flew in to Idaho Falls for Fall Break. It’s nice to get a shower and sleep in a bed for a night. Back at it tomorrow.

• Like 6

Good luck! Thanks for keeping us along with the stories of each day. I can only dream of a hunt like this! 

Dam he looks like a monster. those look like huge paddles for a Idaho moose isnt it? almost looks like a maine moose. Good luck

Great job man! Can’t wait, BBD means big bear down right 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1