Sign in to follow this  
jdub

"Don't let the cat out of the bag" 😀  .....uh...don't let anyone know the location.

I checked a cam once in 7E- was going thru the pics and had a bear playing in a pond. I was the next shot about 3 mins later.

Makes ya think..

On 5/23/2019 at 6:39 AM, broadhead said:

I often wonder how many times I've been watched and how close I've been to a cat that was aware of me and never knew it. I glassed up my first one last summer and it was humbling to see it in person, even from 600 yards away. They're definitely an animal that commands respect.

You have been much closer to cats than that.......and many times.   Lucky he didn't think you looked yummy.   

I was calling last year at a location where I had a camera on some water about 300 yards away.    Got done calling about 30 minutes before dark.   Headed to camp.   Checked the camera the next morning to see that the lion was at the water tank 20 minutes after I ended calling.    He for sure knew I was there and probably watched me pick up my call and walk to my truck.   

• Like 1

The camera in and of itself is one thing.  Taking game with the aid of said camera is a different story.  That's the part that is not legal after the date specified, IIRC.  How they would prove that take was associated is up to the Game and Fish officers investigating and the prosecutor I guess.  

The camera is not illegal to use, it is just illegal to find/take an animal using the camera? As stated above it is up to a game and fish officer to prove you utilized the camera in aiding the take of an animal. 

R12-4-303 Unlawful Devices, Methods, and Ammunition

A. In addition to the prohibitions prescribed under A.R.S. §§ 17-301 and 17-309, the following devices, methods, and ammunition are unlawful for taking wildlife in this state:

5. A person shall not use a live-action trail camera, or images from a live-action trail camera, for the purpose of: a. Taking or aiding in the take of wildlife, or b. Locating wildlife for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife.

6. A person shall not use images of wildlife produced or transmitted from a satellite or other device that orbits the earth for the purpose of: a. Taking or aiding in the take of wildlife, or b. Locating wildlife for the purpose of taking or aiding in the take of wildlife. c. This subsection does not prohibit the use of mapping systems or programs.

Here is a easy way to understand the law.  Simple don’t use them after June 1 2019.   

• Haha 1

In other words don’t set cams up by water tanks.  Find springs and pockets of water to set them up.  Ranchers can hang cams on tanks to capture pi’s of their cattle and try and read ear tags.  So you all gonna have to get out of your side side 

n walk a little

• Like 1