Sign in to follow this  
vegasmike

Northern AZ bow shop

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend and thank you to all that have served. 

Looking for recommendations on a northern az bow shop. I’m in Vegas so I was hoping the flagstaff area has a great shop to help me with my setup.  Im not inherently wealthy but I’m always happy to pay for good service and experience  

Unfortunately the current shop I use has proven incompetent as the two times I’ve given them My bow for service (and paid for it) it was given back incorrectly set up and it just caused me to come back from my Utah turkey hunt early.  My blood is still boiling as I write this lol. 

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. 

No other shops in all of Vegas? I'll pm member forpaw, I'm pretty sure he's in Vegas too.  There might be a good shop in Kingman too, maybe someone will chime in.  

39 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

No other shops in all of Vegas? I'll pm member forpaw, I'm pretty sure he's in Vegas too.  There might be a good shop in Kingman too, maybe someone will chime in.  

Currently there are two. Both are sub par from my experience and research. I have enough trouble perfecting my shot I certainly don’t want to be second guessing my set up. 

Just got the email I drew a  NV archery deer tag and still have my OTC AZ tag so I really want to get everything dialed in now so I can concentrate on scouting and hopefully put a tag on my first ever buck this year. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the Bull Basin recommendation.  I saw their webpage and will definitely give them a call.  Hopefully this is a solid shop, I love the flagstaff area so I won’t mind heading down there for my archery needs. 

• Like 1

x1000 for Bull Basin Archery here in Flagstaff.  I've been a customer there for all 11 years I've lived here and they are, by far, the best proshop in northern AZ.  I even know folks from the Valley who come up here to buy their bows and have other bows worked on.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, vegasmike said:

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend and thank you to all that have served. 

Looking for recommendations on a northern az bow shop. I’m in Vegas so I was hoping the flagstaff area has a great shop to help me with my setup.  Im not inherently wealthy but I’m always happy to pay for good service and experience  

Unfortunately the current shop I use has proven incompetent as the two times I’ve given them My bow for service (and paid for it) it was given back incorrectly set up and it just caused me to come back from my Utah turkey hunt early.  My blood is still boiling as I write this lol. 

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. 

There are two shops in LV that I stay away from.  There are also two that are pretty decent.  What part of town are you in?

forepaw

Like a lot of people I’ve been shooting a bow for most my life. I would recommend learning to take care of your own bow. Having a press is the hardest part. No shop will take the time to properly set up and tune your bow. 

On 7/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, kennyt said:

Like a lot of people I’ve been shooting a bow for most my life. I would recommend learning to take care of your own bow. Having a press is the hardest part. No shop will take the time to properly set up and tune your bow. 

Yes, I couldn't agree more with your recommendation.  Unfortunately that's a long drawn out process, especially for an inexperience archer such as myself.  While I've already started the learning process, I'll have to hire the work out while I learn.  

I'm still going to keep the shop I used nameless, but I've got to give them credit as they definitely went the extra mile to make up for the mistake.  I guess end of the day no one will or should care about your bow setup as much as you should so learn to do it yourself.