Sign in to follow this  
briant_az

Polaris General Crew VS Ranger Crew

I would really like to buy a side by side this year. I'd really  like to hear from people that have owned a Ranger or a General. Looking at the 1000 in both.

I think the General would be a lot more fun for the family (and me) but want one for hunting purposes also. I've heard the Generals are louder than the Ranger, and that's not good for hunting! On the same note I'm not a road hunter but with 2 small children, I may be doing more sightseeing on hunts than actually hunting in the next couple of years. 

Also for those of you that have bought them what is the actual price point for each of them. I've looked around online, but just like cars it seems those prices are skewed a little.  

Any input you guys may have, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Brian 

If you are looking to buy new, the drive up to Rye at Four Seasons is well worth it.  I've been yanked around so much here in the valley its almost criminal.  Ask them for an out the door price on the phone  , and there is no b s when you get there.  Best purchase experience I have had in buying 5 Polaris products over the years from different dealers.

I would go test drive both.  I have  a 500 crew that is a smaller size, and it  turns like a school bus... it would suck for hunting but I use it  for people moving in Mexico. As many barely used Ranger crew 1000's as I have seen  for sale, I doubt they are much better.  I would think the General would have a tighter turning radius due to design.  They are totally different engines, the General has the RZR engine, more HP, and probably more noise. General will be a 4 seater, Ranger will fit 6.  That being said,  I love my  standard Ranger 1000, it turns tighter than my 900XP did, and it hauls butt. 

Sir I currently own a 2018 4 seat general....Prior to this rig we owned 3 different rangers of various models....Please give me a call I can give you a great deal of information. Thanks Dave 602-228-1719

1 hour ago, seek100plus said:

Spill the beans on info. I'm a dreamer and like to learn all before I pull the trigger myself one day . 

+1

The generals are really nice, my brother inlaw has one. If you get one I would suggest buying new tender springs tho it helps pout the ride quality tremendously and there pretty cheap around $300 I believe for all 4 . I hunt out of a rzr xp4 1000 its been great so far but I usally hunt solo or with one other.  

General all day long.  Faster, funner, and if u use it besides hunting like cruising with family its the way to go. 

I almost bought the General, but after looking at the bed space and only being able to carry 4 people I decided to get the Ranger Crew.  The General is definitely cooler looking, but since we've already filled the bed several times on several hunts I know I made the correct decision!  I have a 2016 crew 900.  It has plenty of power and rides really nice.  It's also very quiet.  We can easily have conversations while riding.  

FYI, I bought mine used in California.  The ranger prices in California seem to be thousands less than Az.  Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Big Browns said:

I almost bought the General, but after looking at the bed space and only being able to carry 4 people I decided to get the Ranger Crew.  The General is definitely cooler looking, but since we've already filled the bed several times on several hunts I know I made the correct decision!  I have a 2016 crew 900.  It has plenty of power and rides really nice.  It's also very quiet.  We can easily have conversations while riding.  

FYI, I bought mine used in California.  The ranger prices in California seem to be thousands less than Az.  Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions!

Adam did you buy it in El Centro? My boss bought a Razor and drove there to get it as the guy in Rye couldn't even come close.

I bought it used from a guy in Riverside.

• Like 1