Flatlander

Hunter’s Big Chance 2019

Too bad the tag was donated for the year 2019.   The antelope are going to be way too big and fat for a 10 year old kid.  No, his best bet is to donate that tag to an old fart that has an over eating condition.  I know somebody who would qualify. 🤭

Honestly now. that's some good stuff right there.  I look forward to hearing the coming stories.

• Like 1

Im glad such organizations and transfer rules exist in Arizona. Kids are the future of hunting and him getting that tag is such an amazing gift to a well deserved young man. Can't wait to hear the upcoming story. Good luck  Hunter!!

• Like 1

So, I look at my second post of the morning and it gets even better. To my surprise it's your post Andrew again. I'm all in for these donated hunts. If I don't take better care of myself in the near future there is a chance I might be donating a tag or two. I wish Hunter the best of luck on the antelope hunt. Can't wait to see some pictures Andrew. That's a great picture of you two on the deer hunt. Thoughts and prayers Hunter beats his condition and gets better as he grows.

TJ

• Like 1

That's great that Hunter will get to chase antelope this year good luck to dad and Hunter.  

• Like 1

Super excited for him on that hunt. That will be awesome. Hunter is a stud and I'm hoping for a giant for him! 

This is so cool,hope he kills a monster.Thanks also goes to the hunter that drew the tag.

Well it’s been a while so I thought I would post a pre-hunt update. Hunter has been shooting his 7-08 and we will be shooting non-lead because 10 is technically comdor country. He is still a bit gun shy, so range sessions are always interesting, but he always ends up shooting a nice group. Come go time he never hesitates.

We spent last weekend camped near Williams, driving roads and glassing. We didn’t see tons of antelope, but enough. We were able to meet up with another OE4A hunter who took a buck with his crossbow. He had great stories and was a great example to Hunter.

We will head out tomorrow mid day and hopefully make it to the unit in time to get a look at a buck or two for opening morning.

• Like 5

good luck young man, Maybe we will see you guys up there...will be helping a friend in 10.

15 minutes ago, bhuntin said:

good luck young man, Maybe we will see you guys up there...will be helping a friend in 10.

I am in a silver F150 crew and we also will have a red Tacoma with a CHAMP sign on it. Stop us if you see us.

Good luck!