Ed67

Traeger at Costco Tempe

5 hours ago, ThomC said:

What happened to using an old rusty barrel and making your own and using "real" wood?  😒

I have an old cross flow smoke I used to use alot. Then I had kids and had no time to sit all day tending the firebox to keep the temps right. 

The Traeger tends its own firebox and puts out awesome food. 

This whole tread got me thinking last night. After a ton of reading Traeger and pit boss get great reviews. But Pit boss is  headquartered in Arizona.  So I went and bought a pitboss 700. 

We all make mistakes in life... Just kidding, I equate the pellet grill makers to high end coolers.  Yeti and traeger were the first to really do it and be able to charge a premium for their products.  Now there are so many competitors that make comparable products that both companies have to step their game up to compete with all the new companies.  

I own a traeger and have nothing but good to say about it.  I have changed out 1 hot rod in over 7 years of owning it. (I think it's been 7 maybe 8 years.)  I really like some of the new advancements on pellet grills.  A new one might be in my near future.  

5 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

We all make mistakes in life... Just kidding, I equate the pellet grill makers to high end coolers.  Yeti and traeger were the first to really do it and be able to charge a premium for their products.  Now there are so many competitors that make comparable products that both companies have to step their game up to compete with all the new companies.  

I own a traeger and have nothing but good to say about it.  I have changed out 1 hot rod in over 7 years of owning it. (I think it's been 7 maybe 8 years.)  I really like some of the new advancements on pellet grills.  A new one might be in my near future.  

Lol  I like my Canyon coolers as well !!!!

It’s assembled and burning in for the first time I’m going to The store for some meat 

• Like 1

Honestly Traeger is probably no better then some other competitors, but they make a good product and offer lots of useful info for free online. They are probably the Yeti of pellet grills, but do a good job giving back to the pellet grill users of all brands, and support people who support the outdoors. That is why I was willing to pay a little extra for the Traeger.

Got a chunk of brisket on for tonight. 

20190602_145726.jpg

The Texas beef blend is one of my favorites. 

Green mountain grilles fruit wood blend is another good one.

To further today's installment of traeger cooking... bacon wrapped vidalia onions and squash to add along with a nice chunk of brisket. 

20190602_172844.jpg

My roast is resting now,but "bone in butt whole roast " should be labled different.

You Think?

• Haha 2