Sign in to follow this  
oscararias102909

Towing out of terminal 4 garage sky harbor

Was parking my truck in terminal parking garage when I lost braking. Will be flying back from Tennessee Tuesday and after research looks like a vacuum pump from the brake assist these new pos trucks have. Has anyone ever had a vehicle towed out of the garage parking. Nervous because of the head room and even if it’s possible to come down the spiral exit.  

It might be cheaper to have a mobile repair guy come out.

• Like 1

Like mentioned. Lost brakes, and lost power brakes are different things. If you only lost power assist you should be able to make it out with the emergency brakes and some heavy leg exercises. You might have Popeye thighs when you are done though.

The other option to get out of the garage is have a buddy with a truck meet you there. You tow him out of the garage. He uses his brakes to slow both of you. Once you are out, you can get a normal tow truck to take it from there. Or mobile mechanic.

Going down that spiral ramp with no power brakes.... That would be interesting even in low gear and emergency brake.  I can't believe a two rope would work either- pretty tight turns there.   That's a tough call.  If not something I could fix, vote for mobile mechanic or as mentioned contact the airport regarding a row.  Good luck! 

What are you going to do with it once you get it out of the garage? There is a Community Tire by the airport that does good work and also One Stop Truck Shop who can possibly come to the terminal and make the repair there. What make/Year truck is it?

I usually take Lyft and leave the truck at home. It is $14.50 from my place to the airport.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with brakes issue...but good luck. What part of TN? I was in middle TN last week visiting family in Clarksville and Tullahoma.