Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Podcasts

I'm finally getting with the program I'm going to download a podcast app. What are the most valuable podcast to listen to starting out in terms of actual episodes? 

For AZ the first couple hundred Jay Scott sponsored were really good. A bit dated now but still lots of good info.

I really like Meateater for conservation topics. It’s refreshing to hear a scientific discussion about the topics confronting sportsmen today.

I also like Randy Newberg’s Hunttalk Radio.

• Like 1

Honestly, I used to love Rinellas podcasts. Saw him when he was live in Phoenix.... Havent listened to another one since. 

I'm big in to true crime, fantasy football/baseball, Joe Rogan, Brendan Schaub.

• Like 2

Check out the Joe Rogan episodes with Steve rinella, Dan flores and the Cameron Haynes.  there are a few other episodes with hunters and stuff here and there.   

If you can listen to the Rogan ones in chronological order it's cool because you hear rogans development from a guy that knows practically nothing about hunting to the avid bowhunter now.  

One of the latest meateater ones with the biologist who was attacked is crazy.  when she describes the sensation on having the bear bite down on her head is nuts.  good stuff

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Honestly, I used to love Rinellas podcasts. Saw him when he was live in Phoenix.... Havent listened to another one since. 

I'm big in to true crime, fantasy football/baseball, Joe Rogan, Brendan Schaub.

Yeah those live recordings are awful. IMO since Rinella sold the ME brand they have become way too commercial/corporate. Show content is good but the ads and all the spinoffs are becoming unbearable.

• Like 1

Joe Rogan, Meateater, American History Tellers, The way I herd it with Mike Row, Hunt talk with Randy Newberg, Born & Raised and The Gritty Bowman.

• Like 1

I like the content that Jay Scott and Randy Newberg both have but their voices  drive me absolutely Bonkers so I won't listen to them!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I like the content that Jay Scott and Randy Newberg both have but their voices  drive me absolutely Bonkers so I won't listen to them!

I cant listen to newberg at all, drives me nuts.

This format is just amazing , I consume approximately 15 to 20 hours a week myself. I drive a lot and they are amazing on hikes and runs. There are so many great shows and guests it's endless. Search by topic or genre and pick the ones you want.

i find that rennela is best when he is on others shows. If you want a different take try the one he did with David Chang the chef. 

Anything with Neil de grass Tyson, remi warren , Shane Mahoney, a lot of rogan guests 

stuff you missed in history class

how stuff works

planet money

back country hunters with Hal herring 

splendid table

dan Flores 

a few of Kifaru cast

trail runner nation

candice Burt "humans for running "

Here is my list in no particular order

Cleared Hot

Meateater

Elk Talk

The Hunting Collective

Gritty Bowman

Joe Rogan

Jocko Podcast

Jay Scott Outdoors

Below the Belt

History On Fire

Hunt Talk

• Like 1

In no particular order

Jay Scott Outdoors

Kifaru Cast

Epic Outdoors

Elk Talk (sometimes) 

The Chase

Western Hunter

Interviews with the hunting masters (once in a while)

Rogan

Gritty used to be good when Aron Snyder was on there, now its just about Mtn Ops. Meateater has gone downhill also

• Like 1

Lots of options out there! I mainly wanted to listen to the Jay Scott podcasts about elk unit breakdown. I'm not into waiting for years to hunt early archery in 23, 1 or 27. Basically wanting to figure out the more drawable units that still have a lot of potential to kill big but not necessarily ginormous bulls.  Ive only ever hunted otc elk and my kids hunts in 23 so i really dont know much about all the popular elk units.  I'm sure much of the info is now outdated but it's somewhere to start.

• Like 1