Sign in to follow this  
452b264

1.4 Million acres opening up to hunting and fishing

We have 1.4 million acres of land opening up across the US to hunt and fish. I believe Arizona has 6 wildlife refuges that will be open to hunt/fish. 

https://www.nratv.com/videos/cam-and-company-2019-david-bernhardt-new-public-lands-open-for-hunters-fishers

• Like 1

That's freaking awesome, but he said "proposed plan", there will probably be a fight.  Not sure what the bottom 2 dots on the southern border of AZ are though? I saw havisu on the list, If I recall correctly there are hogs in there, might open up some opportunity to go pig hunting in AZ!

3EAABBBB-43A2-4ECA-9162-B186FFBEE9FD.png

Essentially it just takes the refuges ability to manage their own refuge and puts it in the hands of the state.  It has good and bad points.  The Charles M Russell NWR in eastern Montana has always had the deer season close two weeks earlier then the Montana state season to give the bucks a chance to rut.  They also prohibited doe harvest as they didn’t think the population was at management objective.  This bill “aligned” the refuge with state regs thus crushing the one remaining public land area in eastern Montana with decent muley hunting.  It’s not all roses.  

• Like 3

Weird.  I would have thought the Cabeza Prieta would have been numero uno on the list to expand opportunity.  

• Like 1

Over hyped.  Some duck hunters may get excited a little.  I want to hear about laws that prevent private property owners blocking off access to public lands and an end to checker boarding.  Now that would be something.

• Like 4

On 6/6/2019 at 5:06 PM, Heat said:

Weird.  I would have thought the Cabeza Prieta would have been numero uno on the list to expand opportunity.  

I used to work for them when I was in high school and I used to always hear talk about them maybe one day having a very limited number of tags for archery/muzzy deer....but nothing yet I guess

• Like 1