Sign in to follow this  
bigorange

Crispi boot recommendations

I won one of the Full Draw raffles for Crispi boots...now I have to figure out which ones I want. I've always sort of looked at the Guide and Hunter models, but now I'm considering more seriously. Any recommendations on specific models and what you like about them?

Also, I see Bull Basin, Ross, and Archery HQ are retailers in AZ...any idea which ones have the best selection in stock for trying on? Bull Basin is local to me, but I could make it to Phoenix to try before I buy.

i run the summit GTX. they are comfortable but have basically zero ankle support. i've had them through 3 seasons now and they still have another season of life in them. I will be trying something new this year. If i had a voucher for any crispi boot, I'd probably just go with the most expensive ones! haha

The wyomings are great... I easily put 1200 miles a year on them... Crispis are best boot on the market hands down

• Like 1

I should point out the raffle was for $150 credit so I can almost get one boot for free depending on the pair...definitely not any pair for free. I wish!

I went with the Guide Non-Insulated. Best boot I have ever used to date. Ross has about as good of a selection as I have found locally. 

I bought insulated Nevadas before last years deer hunt. I am so glad I did. They are a great boot. Non-insulated would probably have been fine, but I seem to hunt elk when it is cold so I went that way. 

I dont really pack hunt deep in nasty country so the Nevada is a good choice for me. If i was going deep with heavy packs in nasty territory, something taller and stiffer might be better. 

I bought mine through Ross. They had several models in stock in most of the common sizes. They were great. I had to order mine because I needed the 12.5 wide boot. They had a 12 in stock that felt good but snug, so I new the extra room of the wide 12.5 wide would be perfect. 

I have the Dakotas.

2 years and still holding strong. They are light with strong ankle support. Pretty stiff sole too. I did switch out the insoles.

I have the Wy and the Nevada. If backpacking or rough country go Nevada. If more of an all around go Wy or lots of guys like the summit. 

I prefer a non insulated boot in AZ personally. I bought the Idaho GTX last year after several miendls, danners etc. Crispi, to me, is the best boot I've worn. Awesome feel, excellent ankle support and they wear very well. 

I wear the valderas. They seemed like the best compromise between support and flexibility. Best boot I've worn. Two long hard seasons and theyll last one more. 

I have the Crispi Thor GTX. Most comfortable boot I have ever used. I made them better and threw in a lanthrop and sons insole ( I recommend Lanthrop and Sons )  I know Ross Outdoors stocks Crispi and others.