Sign in to follow this  
bigorange

Crispi boot recommendations

On 6/7/2019 at 12:08 PM, AZLance said:

If you have guides license you can get 40% off too...

Good info. I see they also have military/LEO discount too. 

Updating here...I ended up going with the Valdres. I was surprised how narrow they run and ended up having to return them for EE wide even though I've never worn wides that I remember and the normal width seemed to fit okay in the store. So far I'm impressed. Lighter weight, but still sturdy and all leather. Working on the lace configuration and starting break-in before my buddy's elk hunt in Sept!

I just bought the these too. Lighter than expected, not as much ankle support as I was hoping for, but if i lace them right they do well enough. I've taken them out on several hikes and one crazy monsoon mountain storm. Brushed up againt a catcus and one thorn barley stuck to the rubber rand. Eventually I might upgrade to the Idahos just for better ankle support, but these cover the bill for now. 

I was in the same boat shopping for boots and ended up going with the Nevada. I was set on getting the Idaho but it just didnt feel as good on my feet like the Nevada. 

Tried on all the crispi’s at ross a couple weeks ago. They are all very comfortable but they don’t make a boot that has much ankle support. Went with Zamberlan. 

I have worn a pair of Summit GTXs for the last 2 years and have been happy with them. They are pretty light, very waterproof, the soles are good and stiff which helps a lot on side hills, but not necessarily the most comfortable if you walk a lot of flat land where you really don't need that type of sole.