Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

PSA 6.5

Thinking about moving to a 6.5 in an AR platform.

Anyone have one of these? I hear they're VERY accurate. Especially for a semi.

My buddy has a Savage MSR 10 in 6.5 CM and is pretty happy with it. He's getting sub-MOA groups out to 200 yards with good ammo. That rifle and scope is a tank of a gun tho, definitely a bench gun.

More to do with quality of rifle, quality of loads, and most importantly quality of shooter than any cartridge choice.  I have shot my Bushmaster AR .223 to 850 with a 90% hit rate on an 8" steel.  And out to 1000 with a 70% hit rate.  My brother has the same rifle, and went 0 for 10 at 850.  Blamed the gun.  I got behind his rifle with his ammo and went 7 for 10.

That being said, I think an AR10 in .260 Rem/6.5CM even the 6.5 Grendel would be a good choice in an AR platform.

The creedmoor is in the AR-10 platform and is a much bigger lower.  I have a PSA gen 2 AR-10 in .308 that is right at MOA with gold medal match ammo.  I havnt even attempted to reload for it, but I am sure I can squeeze some more out of it.  I also have a PSA AR-15 in 6.5 grendal that shoots slightly sub moa with factory ammo.  Again, I am sure I can get a little more out of it when I start to reload for it.  The big thing on AR's imo is the triggers.  I have a Timney in the .308, triggertech in the grendal and la rue in my blackout.  They are all great triggers, but I think I lean toward my triggertech.  As for the reliability, I own 4 PSA uppers and honestly have never had 1 jam or misfire.  I know when the first gen creedmoors came out, they were having some issues, but I think those are ironed out now

Oh yeah.

I plan on taking it hunting 😃 Maybe I'll get one of those Kifaru Gun Bearers..

I love the package. I think I might even do a Viper HST on it. Some great videos on youtube with 6.5 and Elk..

13 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Oh yeah.

I plan on taking it hunting 😃 Maybe I'll get one of those Kifaru Gun Bearers..

I love the package. I think I might even do a Viper HST on it. Some great videos on youtube with 6.5 and Elk..

Don't blow $$$ on the rifle and settle for a Vortex.

• Like 3

I have a grendel and a creed, both in AR platforms, and both are excellent. AR10s can get very heavy, very fast. Regardless, both mine shoot lights out on factory ammo. I’m actually building two more Grendel’s next week.

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Don't blow $$$ on the rifle and settle for a Vortex.

I only heard good things about the viper.. but what kind of glass would you put in there?

On 6/7/2019 at 8:57 PM, ctracingraptor said:

I have a grendel and a creed, both in AR platforms, and both are excellent. AR10s can get very heavy, very fast. Regardless, both mine shoot lights out on factory ammo. I’m actually building two more Grendel’s next week.

The 6.5 Grendel is a good round for the ar 15 . 

On 6/11/2019 at 6:18 AM, 452b264 said:

Hey guys, excellent video with a good website. I think 6.5 Creedmoor is a beautiful part of the gun and it is easy to shot in an exact target.

I love it so much.

Thanks