Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

SOLD! Plano (really BIG but cheap) Airline Telescoping Rod Case

THIS IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE!

The rod case I have for sale is new, still in the original shipping box. It sells for anywhere between $115 to $130. Cabela's price is $129. 

You can be the new owner of this brandy new one for the mere pittance of $75.

I will consider reasonable offers but no trades. Payment via PayPal (buyer doesn't need an acct; just a CC or checking acct.) or cash only. Must be picked up near 67th Ave. and Camelback. 

Plano

Plano® 6508 Airline Telescoping Rod Case

Protective, thick-walled, two-piece case extends from 67" to 112" to store, transport and safely secure up to eight 9-ft. rods for convenient, hassle-free travel. Lockable with wheels for easy transport. Made in USA.
Dimensions: 67"-112"L x 8-1/2"- dia.

rodcase.jpg.35933ef9c77ac7e9dfef8099020f16ef.jpg

I have one just like this, minus the wheels. Great case! I can put 10+ rods in mine and primarily use it to store them safely so my kids don't beak my good rods. Also works great for traveling in the back of my truck so other gear doesn't crush, break them.

3 minutes ago, rossislider said:

I have one just like this, minus the wheels. Great case! I can put 10+ rods in mine and primarily use it to store them safely so my kids don't beak my good rods. Also works great for traveling in the back of my truck so other gear doesn't crush, break them.

Same here. I used to use it to take my rods to Louisiana every year to fish with my brother. Then I bought rods and left them there but they are great cases.

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

I never even unpacked the one in this listing. I have one of the older ones like the one below.  It' been well-traveled in many lower 48 states, Mexico, Alaska and at least six Canadian provinces. Indeed, it has served me well over the years and is still in great shape. I'll be listing it as soon I can take a photo or two. Mine is dark brown on the bottom and tan on top. 

olderrodcase.jpg.28ec22257fd938efc7d0f4ed3b654f34.jpg

2 hours ago, WT hunter said:

Is the 2nd one for sale too ?

Yup. Price is $25. Amazon has it listed new at $48.99 plus $7 shipping. You can trust me on the condition or I can take photos if need be. I also have oodles of rods, reels and baits that will be eventually sold here, on eBay or Craig's List.

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-35102-Rod-Case-58/dp/B00019NMAU

Tony, sounds like what I went thru last year before moving to Tonto Basin but I'm sure I didn't have near what you have. Good luck on selling items here. CWT definitely helped me sale a few items. Good luck my friend. 😊

TJ

27 minutes ago, tjhunt2 said:

Tony, sounds like what I went thru last year before moving to Tonto Basin but I'm sure I didn't have near what you have. Good luck on selling items here. CWT definitely helped me sale a few items. Good luck my friend. 😊

TJ

You have no earthly idea of the stuff I have stashed away in closets and even the attic. I bet I have at least 4 big boxes crammed full of 200 or more NEW, never worn baseball hats. Same for hunting clothes. I bet I have 5-6 insulated coveralls in various camo patterns that were worn less than 5 days. 

And then I also have a enough golf clubs and golf balls to start my own country club. This week I sold 8 doz. brand new Titleist Pro V1 balls on eBay $300.