n2horns

Dog rattlesnake training, any suggestions East Valley

I am looking to put my lab thru rattlesnake training, he is 12 amd last time was when he was 2 yeara old.

My sister has them in her yard and my dog will be spending more time there.

Any suggestions for the East Valley?

Kill snake, bring the dog up to the snake, shock the piss out of the dog.  Repete.  When dog will never go near the snake then you are good to go.  Kill snakes in sisters yard.  Have a snake fry.  😎

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThomC said:

Kill snake, bring the dog up to the snake, shock the piss out of the dog.  Repete.  When dog will never go near the snake then you are good to go.  Kill snakes in sisters yard.  Have a snake fry.  😎

Don’t kill snake before training, Your dog needs to know the sound of the rattler also. 

Catch the snake, milk the venom out of it, defang snake....never mind, just let a professional train your dog. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I took my 9 yr old lab to a snake trainer named Roger Mae from Tonto Basin. I thought he did a good job. This is the third time I've had my dog thru this. Probably a little further than you want to travel. Good luck with your dog. ☺️

TJ

11 hours ago, tjhunt2 said:

I took my 9 yr old lab to a snake trainer named Roger Mae from Tonto Basin. I thought he did a good job. This is the third time I've had my dog thru this. Probably a little further than you want to travel. Good luck with your dog. ☺️

TJ

I bought my lab from Roger about 11 years ago, when he was up in Snowflake area.

• Like 1