Dude if you are only sixteen put in for some of the youth hunts next time. Unit 23 has a youth any antlered deer tag and you get to hunt before all the other hunters.  Lots of Big Muley and Coues in 23.  Also, if you have not already done it go do your hunter safety course. It gives you an extra point for all species. Then next year you will be entering the draw with 2 points instead of one. 

• Like 3

For location I know Coues deer live above 3500 feet.  so i would need to go in the more eastern part of 24b.  Would Rogers Trough trailhead be a good place to start?  Its about 4800 ft.  Im just not too sure where to actually go.  I have also looked at Montana mountain and i found a pretty good sized watering hole.  Is that a good place to hunt?

Coues deer live below 3500 too. Lots of them. This is where you just have to go scout buddy. Find an area that feels good and deer show up in your binoculars, then watch everywhere they go and how they use the terrain. 

There are coues deer in 95% of 24B.

• Like 1

I would focus on an access point as far as possible from a major highway. I wouldn’t worry too much about east/west. I’d just find a remote access point, climb up high and start glassing. You’ll find coues deer.

That part that’s on fire...start there

Oh but maybe wait til the fires out and the monsoons start 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

Coues deer live below 3500 too. Lots of them. This is where you just have to go scout buddy. Find an area that feels good and deer show up in your binoculars, then watch everywhere they go and how they use the terrain. 

There are coues deer in 95% of 24B.

K that makes me feel better if I don’t get drawn I’ll be buying an otc archery tag so I’ve been stressing I’m gonna go empty handed 

Think there are Coues around here? I know this mule habitat but idk how many Coues are around here this is near first water trailhead

CC5D1538-BA36-4958-AEA3-AABAB840BD11.jpeg

55 minutes ago, JACK said:

That part that’s on fire...start there

Oh but maybe wait til the fires out and the monsoons start 

Where exactly is the fire. I haven’t seen much on the news about it. 

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/ this shows all the current fires.

Also look at getting onxmaps on your phone, it has a layer that shows old and new burns. It's a nice feature, keep an an eye on camofire, it shows up there often discounted.

12 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Alot of trafficaround Rogers trof, it s polaris play ground.

I have hunted within eyesight of it for Javelina but have not seen many deer. It is a very popular area and also for hikers. I would look into north of Superior, Top of the World and Pinto Creek areas.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:54 PM, CatfishKev said:

Onx has a father's day sale right now. It can be used as a GPS when u have no cell service and it will still work. I highly recomend it. 

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/onx-hunt-fathers-day-sale.130592/

i just bought it last night.  it is really cool

On 6/12/2019 at 7:03 PM, Flatlander said:

I would focus on an access point as far as possible from a major highway. I wouldn’t worry too much about east/west. I’d just find a remote access point, climb up high and start glassing. You’ll find coues deer.

What Flatlander said