I just got done reading thru this whole post. First of all welcome to the coueswhitetail.com site. When I first came to Az, back in the early 70s, I too was looking for information on hunting deer as a newbie. I just wish I had this site to get me started on my way. Second of all, you definitely have started in the right direction by joining this site. The info you have received here so far is from hunters who are sharing their experiences they have learned over their years of hunting. It doesn't get any better than this. This is what sets this site apart from all other hunting forums, guys wanting to help, and believe me you have a whole lot of good pointers from great guys who no what they are talking about. Good luck in the draw. If you don't draw 24B don't worry. There will be lots of great left over tags in the southern units with lots of good deer hunting. 

Not much to add from what has already been said. It's never to early to start scouting the unit. Even if you don't draw where you're scouting the experience of glassing and looking for deer will help no matter where you hunt. Good luck! 😊

TJ

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tjhunt2 said:

I just got done reading thru this whole post. First of all welcome to the coueswhitetail.com site. When I first came to Az, back in the early 70s, I too was looking for information on hunting deer as a newbie. I just wish I had this site to get me started on my way. Second of all, you definitely have started in the right direction by joining this site. The info you have received here so far is from hunters who are sharing their experiences they have learned over their years of hunting. It doesn't get any better than this. This is what sets this site apart from all other hunting forums, guys wanting to help, and believe me you have a whole lot of good pointers from great guys who no what they are talking about. Good luck in the draw. If you don't draw 24B don't worry. There will be lots of great left over tags in the southern units with lots of good deer hunting. 

Not much to add from what has already been said. It's never to early to start scouting the unit. Even if you don't draw where you're scouting the experience of glassing and looking for deer will help no matter where you hunt. Good luck! 😊

TJ

Sweet, thanks!

On 6/16/2019 at 9:37 PM, bradleylarson48 said:

Sweet, thanks!

Well did your card get charged?

12 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Well did your card get charged?

Unfortunately no. But I’m going to buy an otc tag for archery. I did buy some vortex Binos. They are 12x50. I hope I get somethin with my bow. Any unit suggestions?

40 minutes ago, bradleylarson48 said:

Unfortunately no. But I’m going to buy an otc tag for archery. I did buy some vortex Binos. They are 12x50. I hope I get somethin with my bow. Any unit suggestions?

Well, you still got a chance at a rifle tag, so pay attention the next week.  

For a new guy the southern units have more deer.

7 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Well, you still got a chance at a rifle tag, so pay attention the next week.  

For a new guy the southern units have more deer.

Ok should i just go to Walmart next week and see if they have the tags there.?

If/when the leftover list posts, get on the G&F website and follow directions. You still have to apply for leftover tags

• Like 1

This is the first time I have seen this thread so I got to go from beginning to seeing your success post in a short time. Way to go on your first deer! Not many guys have filled a tag with a bow that quickly after just getting started.

I have to ask, are you related to the people that own and run Apache Equipment Rentals? I have done some electrical work there and I have used lots of your equipment on other jobs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

This is the first time I have seen this thread so I got to go from beginning to seeing your success post in a short time. Way to go on your first deer! Not many guys have filled a tag with a bow that quickly after just getting started.

I have to ask, are you related to the people that own and run Apache Equipment Rentals? I have done some electrical work there and I have used lots of your equipment on other jobs.

First thing I noticed was his hat. We use apache for equipment all the time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bradleylarson48 said:

Thanks guys couldn’t have done it with out you. 

4F939E6C-F2FE-4F52-AE5B-75CD9B9F2A40.jpeg

That’s not a coues deer😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1