Flatlander

What’s everyone hoping for...

Now that everyone’s apps are in, what is everyone hoping for in their draw “stocking”?

For us it was a bunch of different things, but we have a pretty full fall already so we swung for the fences on most apps:

3a3c rifle on a couple apps

20a as a second choice for a few, never been there, be fun to hunt something new. 

Mom and grandma put in for late Kaibab tags, which would probably be signed over to one of my kids.

The hunts I am probably most hopeful for is my two boys who put in for the Kaibab youth hunt. Last year it was tons of fun.

Their second choice is a youth desert mule deer hunt and then coues rags for choices 3-5.

We had 5 apps for sheep and it pretty much covered the map: 9/10 late hunt, 27/28 rocky, 37B. 

Good luck everybody!

• Like 1

in 2008 i got my only 3a/c tag but only had 2 hours to hunt,,  3b ML has been good to me.  very few coues here but that's my goal w a tag.

good luck all,

lee

• Like 1

All I want for Christmas is a mule deer tag, a mule deer tag. 12 A E or W would work .  Oh, and a Rocky tag , not picky on the unit.  

• Like 1

Wife and I put in for late kabob tag. Figured what the heck. Sheep would be nice before I can't walk. Got enough to draw buffalo but waiting for the right time. Maybe couple more years.

• Like 1

46b west sheep tag would be awesome

• Like 1

I’ll take bonus points myself, but I’d really like to see my daughter and one of my buddies get their first deer this year. So I guess I’m hoping for a lucky youth tag...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

I’ll take bonus points myself, but I’d really like to see my daughter and one of my buddies get their first deer this year. So I guess I’m hoping for a lucky youth tag...

Hoping to get youth tags as well.  One for my 13 year old daughter and another for my 11 year old daughter.  This will be the first hunt for younger if she gets drawn so we're all pretty excited to see what she gets.  A 10 day coues hunt down south for the wife and a late coues hunt for me.  Hoping for some good times ahead hunting with my family.

• Like 3