Flatlander

What’s everyone hoping for...

Some funny stuff going on here, md33, you deserve a kick in the nuts. 

Anyway, a couple 12a east hail marys,  with a guaranteed 35a early December for my oldest son and my mom if they don't win the lottery.  This will be my moms first ever hunt so im really hoping to see her kill her first deer!

54 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Some funny stuff going on here, md33, you deserve a kick in the nuts. 

Anyway, a couple 12a east hail marys,  with a guaranteed 35a early December for my oldest son and my mom if they don't win the lottery.  This will be my moms first ever hunt so im really hoping to see her kill her first deer!

If they are guaranteed 35a tags and they have it as their second choice, then they won't even be considered for 12a east. I may have misunderstood your post though. 

7 minutes ago, creed_az_88 said:

If they are guaranteed 35a tags and they have it as their second choice, then they won't even be considered for 12a east. I may have misunderstood your post though. 

3rd choice my man! 

18 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

Can you explain to me creed why they wouldn’t have been considered?

The computer automatically looks at your first and second choice, If you put in for a 1st choice as a hail Mary but have enough points to guarantee a tag as your second choice the computer automatically recognizes it and will give you the second choice.  Always use your third choice as a tag you will take but not ever as your first or second choice.  It can be kind of confusing. 

• Like 1

Hunted Mexico in January for a week, went to Alaska on a cruise in early May, Florida in late May and have a bull tag in November.  So I will be happy with the bonus point that we put in for.

14 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

Got it thanks catfish! So that’s only an issue if you have the points to guarantee your second choice? Am I following that right?

That’s correct. And that third choice has to be a hunt with 100% draw for choices 1-2. That basically limits you to an October or November coues tag in a southern unit.

21 minutes ago, AZbowhntr said:

Hunted Mexico in January for a week, went to Alaska on a cruise in early May, Florida in late May and have a bull tag in November.  So I will be happy with the bonus point that we put in for.

Rub all of our noses in chit why don't ya

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

The computer automatically looks at your first and second choice, If you put in for a 1st choice as a hail Mary but have enough points to guarantee a tag as your second choice the computer automatically recognizes it and will give you the second choice.  Always use your third choice as a tag you will take but not ever as your first or second choice.  It can be kind of confusing. 

Hmmm. Are you guys positive on that??

The only way that would happen is if there are NO permits left for 12AE. So if that's a 1st choice with permits still available, that's what's doled out. If no 12AE permits are available, it then goes to the 2nd choice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

That's what I thought.

And the only problem it presents if the 2nd choice is guaranteed is losing BPs for the next draw. It doesn't affect the 1st choice in any way. But the BP lose will also happen if you draw a hunt as a 3rd choice even though it might now be still guaranteed one. 

10 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Hmmm. Are you guys positive on that??

The only way that would happen is if there are NO permits left for 12AE. So if that's a 1st choice with permits still available, that's what's doled out. If no 12AE permits are available, it then goes to the 2nd choice. 

Not quite.  During the first round bonus pass, if person has 10 points and 12ae takes 15, they have no chance at it, if their second choice is 35 and that takes six, then they get the tag.  The random draw part hasn’t even occurred yet thus they never ever had a “hail Mary” for the 12ae tag.  

• Like 3