Flatlander

What’s everyone hoping for...

21 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Not quite.  During the first round bonus pass, if person has 10 points and 12ae takes 15, they have no chance at it, if their second choice is 35 and that takes six, then they get the tag.  The random draw part hasn’t even occurred yet thus they never ever had a “hail Mary” for the 12ae tag.  

Ok, that's makes sense. What I was forgetting is that they go thru EVERY application during the BP pass regardless of the # of points. It was too early in the a.m. so I still had my head up my a$$. 😡

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Hmmm. Are you guys positive on that??

The only way that would happen is if there are NO permits left for 12AE. So if that's a 1st choice with permits still available, that's what's doled out. If no 12AE permits are available, it then goes to the 2nd choice. 

Catfish Kev is correct. If you are in the bonus pass for your 1st or 2nd choice, you will get that tag. If i apply for a long shot 1st choice, and a guaranteed tag 2nd choice, the computer will skip over even looking at your 1st choice. 

1 minute ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Catfish Kev is correct. If you are in the bonus pass for your 1st or 2nd choice, you will get that tag. If i apply for a long shot 1st choice, and a guaranteed tag 2nd choice, the computer will skip over even looking at your 1st choice. 

See my reply above yours.

49 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

See my reply above yours.

My bad, shoulda read through the whole post before responding 

Just a BP across the board for myself this year. Got two youth elk hunts lined up, and helped a junior (20C Youth, 24B Oct or late Nov hunts) and a lady (36's) put in for their first deer hunts. 

• Like 1

We put in as a group for 33, the late Nov/early Dec hunt. Really hoping we draw. Will be taking my brother in law, first time hunting ever, and the other 3 of us are new to Coues. So it will likely be a bit of a circus, but can't beat hunting a new state for a new species. 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:57 PM, 1uglydude said:

I'd sell my mother in law for a sheep tag.

I'd sell mine for an Oct coues in 41

On 6/15/2019 at 11:11 AM, trphyhntr said:

wait, what? 

To have a chance on your 3rd thru 5th it must be a hunt that has a 100%draw rate for your 1st or 2nd

On 6/14/2019 at 6:05 AM, yotebuster said:

Not quite.  During the first round bonus pass, if person has 10 points and 12ae takes 15, they have no chance at it, if their second choice is 35 and that takes six, then they get the tag.  The random draw part hasn’t even occurred yet thus they never ever had a “hail Mary” for the 12ae tag.  

Stop helping people beat me in the draw!

9 hours ago, AZkiller said:

I'd sell mine for an Oct coues in 41

Pics please, but it is against the law to sell buy or barter a big game tag in AZ.  Better info on how the draw works is on the G&F web site.  Internet experts are just ex = has been, perts are a short squirt.  😜

12 hours ago, AZkiller said:

To have a chance on your 3rd thru 5th it must be a hunt that has a 100%draw rate for your 1st or 2nd

I still don’t know what this means. I put in 3rd choice for a hunt that had about 65 tags that made it to the 3rd pass last year. 

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I still don’t know what this means. I put in 3rd choice for a hunt that had about 65 tags that made it to the 3rd pass last year. 

If it made it to the 3rd choice it would be 100% draw in the 1st or 2nd. The odds posted in the g&f are for the 1st and 2nd.

• Like 1