Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

New Fire on the Rim

Called Coronado district today to verify. None yet for June.  At least with the cool spring and moisture we've had at least the fire season will be a little shorter this year. 

• Like 1

I'm in Colorado but the word got to me about the fire above where I normally camp. 😞 Not what I wanted to hear. So does fire restrictions start tomorrow in all of Tonto?

TJ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bonecollector said:

Yes, Tonto goes into effect tomorrow. Cam only have fires in designated campgrounds.

Thanks Shelvin!

• Like 1

I have been on the cold water fire for 13 days . They have been using guys out of this camp to help fight the Webber fire . They have been hitting the Webber pretty hard with air attack due to the extreme terrain . Last I heard it was at 20 acres and the sat guy says it’s not putting off much smoke . 

• Like 2

Nice,, aholes in the woods, I take it was a lightning strike. Lol

UPDATE: Webber Fire

Ground and Air Resources have been working to stop forward progression of the Webber Fire located just below the Mogollon Rim seven miles northeast of Pine, Arizona. All firelines held over night and the Tonto National Forest and U.S. Forest Service - Coconino National Forest are working to ensure that firelines continue to hold. The fire has remained at 14 acres.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TOBY said:

Ban all campfires, smoking, and drinking and the only fires will be lightning caused.

Now just stop that nonsense right now. You must be out of your mind. No drinking? 

• Like 1