Gut Pile

If you had one brand choice for AZ camo set ( pants+ shirt) which would you pick?

Camo means nothing to me either. I'm in for performance. I like my pant to be stretchy. I wear eddy Bauer hiking pants at work and hiking.  The kuiu and most high end camo have stretch to them. I hate legging up over a log and you get like half way and your pants bind up and you toe pick said log and hit the dirt. 

Another thing these companies have is all the right pockets and zippers. The tiberon a are vented on both sides down the leg and I love the crotch zipper being a double for venting also. They dry fast also

I have a whole closet full of kuiu and find myself wearing my Prana Zion pants and Black Ovis merino tops much more than the kuiu. I like mostly everything about them better than my kuiu gear, as much as it pains to say. 

Yup.  The camo is secondary to the performance of the garment.  Prana zions, Eddie bauer guide pants, kuhl renegades are great non- camo bottoms.  As far as camo tops go, the Sitka seem to be longer in torso length and fit much better than most of my kuiu.  For an Alaska trip in late september, I chose to go with some of the higher end Sitka for the just in case moment of being caught in a storm.  The technical aspect of some of their clothing is pretty awesome.  

Awesome guys. Appreciate all the great comments. The discussion on what big game critters actually see makes sense. I can see how patterns are more geared to hook hunters rather than hide them. Durability, fit, and breathability seems to be the more important aspect of a set. Again, thanks for the input, it's gonna help a lot as I look around.

I've been liking the outdoor pants by Wrangler, I've got them in long pants and shorts, they're light and breathable as well as wicked comfortable, not a bad mix for $20

For Shirts I've been liking the First Lite Wick 150 with the 1/4 zip (which is actually a 1/2 zip) and it's great for dumping heat on a hike

I agree with many that camo itself it overrated, but disagree that that alone should negate people from purchasing some higher end products. While they are camo and that tends to increase the price, it's the materials and design that make higher end hunting clothing nice, not what camo they're in 

If the hunter trust the pattern than it works. The quarry doesn't care, if they see movement, smell you or feel something isn't right they will not stay around for long. 

Imo best pattern is ASAT.  I mostly wear solids. Wrangler outdoor pants, woolly merino, Pendleton wool shirts.  But I'm cheap.

I prefer the brand that gets me into the most circle jerks. That's performance you can quantify.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, idgaf said:

If the hunter trust the pattern than it works. The quarry doesn't care, if they see movement, smell you or feel something isn't right they will not stay around for long. 

I designed this one a few years ago but never had made. It's called KornCamo. 😉

KornKamo.jpg.1264a62a72418aec3cfac6c04453a2d2.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I designed this one a few years ago but never had made. It's called KornCamo. 😉

KornKamo.jpg.1264a62a72418aec3cfac6c04453a2d2.jpg

Should have marketed it in Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska and it would have been flying off the shelf especially if it were a skirt or PJ's.