Gut Pile

If you had one brand choice for AZ camo set ( pants+ shirt) which would you pick?

5 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I designed this one a few years ago but never had made. It's called KornCamo. 😉

KornKamo.jpg.1264a62a72418aec3cfac6c04453a2d2.jpg

If you want it to sell, you need to rename it with a name of some Alaskan region.  Call it Kodiak camo and you will be a legend camo designer. Bwhahaha

I'll take a pair of good upland brush pants to combat the catclaw.   I think the camo pattern of the upper will be determined by the darkness/lightness of the vegetation if you are hunting close for archery or turkey.

6 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I designed this one a few years ago but never had made. It's called KornCamo. 😉

KornKamo.jpg.1264a62a72418aec3cfac6c04453a2d2.jpg

Hmm woder if it would be consider it baiting if you leave your coat on the ground  ???

Ah a Master baiter coat.  Good for Cranes, Ducks, Geese, Doves,  Squirrels.😆 

21 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Should have marketed it in Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska and it would have been flying off the shelf especially if it were a skirt or PJ's.

Michigan, as well. 

About 25 years ago when I was into bowhunting, a major manufacturer invited me on a deer hunt near Rogers City, which is on the northeast tip of the lower peninsular, right on Lake Huron. As I normally do because I hate all the strings attached to flying and also wanted to visit a couple friends, I drove. I spent a night with a friend in Ann Arbor and headed north early the next morning while it was still dark. As it got light, I started seeing all these big signs along the highway; they were selling sugar beets and ears of corn. I bet I passed at least 100 of these before I got to RC. Of course, since I'm not a fan of hunting over bait, I did a lot of chuckling at the creativity of some of the signs. One said, "Deer hunters -- beets by the truckload -- you load," others sold bags full of corn. Little did I know what was in store. 

We stayed at a resort right on the lakeshore. The first thing I noticed was the size of the "surf." Many of the waves were higher than those in the ocean at Mazatlán. There were six of us hunting, so we split into two groups and were transported to two different spots a few miles away. The parcel I was on couldn't have been more than 25 acres. It had several blinds on it. I was put into an elevated RIFLE blind overlooking an automatic corn feeder! In order to shoot out the window so my upper limb didn't hit the ceiling or upper window frame, I had to slouch down and stand back. And then I also had to worry about the arrow hitting the window ledge. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to stay put in it, lest I disturb my two hunting partners by wandering around.

I was chuckling at all the signs, but now I was laughing hysterically when the feeder went off at 7 a.m. It was like a dinner bell to every critter big and small on that parcel of land. I have a 35mm slide that has two does, two fawns, a racoon, two turkeys and several BLACK squirrels -- all pigging out on corn for breakfast. The same thing occurred that evening with a possum joining the crowd. One day, I decided to test how they would all react to cigarette smoke when the breeze would take it from the blind to the feeder. Took a few big puffs and blew it out the window. Not one critter picked its head up.  

It went that way for two days. Finally on the 3rd day, a small buck joined the meal. I did my contortionist act and promptly shot high over its back, as the tip of the arrow put a slice in the window ledge. The arrow winged off into the woods, and while I was looking for it, I got to see a Michigan variety massasauga rattlesnake. It was about 14-16 in. long.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, idgaf said:

If you want it to sell, you need to rename it with a name of some Alaskan region.  Call it Kodiak camo and you will be a legend camo designer. Bwhahaha

I also attempted to design a pattern for the salt users, but it turned out looking like snow camo. 😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I also attempted to design a pattern for the salt users, but it turned out looking like snow camo. 😎

Ok after thinking about about the name for a few seconds it needs a 'K' Sounds.  Kuiu is used.  Sitka is out.  Kodiak is for the 'corn camo'.  That leaves Kenai and and Kotzebue  for the 'Salt Camo'. 

Tony, in an effort to cover all forms of hunting you will need one for Road Hunters,  Maybe something that matches the interior of there diesels like a grey with Coors light stains.  You can name it Ketchikan for the road to nowhere. 

hahaha

3 minutes ago, idgaf said:

Tony, in an effort to cover all forms of hunting you will need one for Road Hunters,  Maybe something that matches the interior of there diesels like a grey with Coors light stains.  You can name it Ketchikan for the road to nowhere. 

hahaha

That one is easy; crushed Coors cans, old chew cans and crumpled Big Mac wrappers sewn on an oil-stained hoodie -- kinda like a ghillie suit effect. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

That one is easy; crushed Coors cans, old chew cans and crumpled Big Mac wrappers sewn on an oil-stained hoodie -- kinda like a ghillie suit effect. 

Someone has a head start! 

8F217714-3504-47C3-A801-5F1F64BC9C23.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

LOL.  You're confused. That's a road WARRIOR, not a road HUNTER.

Touché   :)

I actually prefer solids in drab colors over camo but I do still buy some camo.  For tops I like First Lite, but their pants are weird.  For Pants I like Kuiu for fit, cut, and lay out of pockets.  Best material and pattern is Cabelas Outfitter in Microtex.  I have a bunch of that stuff and I still really like the material over any other so far.  Can't beat its durability, light weight, wicking capability and comfort.

I really like KUIU but not for their patterns.   They have garments that are for specific uses and they are super comfortable in certain applications.    I probably own to much of it and plan on buying more shortly.    With that said.   One of the best ways to "camo" yourself is to have solid dark colored pants (i like black) and then a top that is a different color pattern.    There is a leafy type of jacket you can buy that has a bunch of texture to it.   I think dark pants and the leafy jacket will hide you in ways that will scare you.   With that said.   If you move or get upwind then it doesn't matter at that point they will know you will be there.   Camo is very, very over rated but having garments that work properly are what is needed.