Sign in to follow this  
catclaw

Fires!!

I wonder how the sheep are fairing with the big fire in the Superstitions right now.

I remember when the Wallow fire killed  a LOT Of sheep!

Hopefully they get out. Doesnt seem like this fire is moving all that fast like the Wallow fire did with the exception of yesterday. 

I definitely wouldnt turn down the tag if I drew it! 

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing. If it's hit hard I wonder if the tag holders with max use point guard after scouting it out.

12 hours ago, catclaw said:

Looks like the whole unit is going to burn.

I imagine they are second guessing the initial call to just let it burn. It is 15% contained as of this morning so we can only hope for the best.

8 to 10 miles from Roosevelt, Spring Creek and the Estates headed in this direction. Very smokey and ash falling.  Alot of resources working the ground.  Hopefully the wind don't blow today like they are expecting. Gusts up to 30.

• Like 1

I get the impression they don't expect it to stop until the can contain it at 88/188.

Guest akaspecials

They can contain the Northern push at 88/188. What about an Eastern push into that thick manzanita and scrub brush country? Looks like Pinto Valley is the first place they could really stop it on the East side? If the fire jumps onto Sawtooth Ridge and Pinto Mountain area this is gonna burn all the way to the mine.... 

Anyone know why it hasn't moved more northeast until it moved into Reevis yesterday? 

They evacuated pinto mine this afternoon. The wind shifted a bit. The wind wasn't today as was expected. Good  news for Roosevelt people. It's crazy the media ax like the fire is out. It's not.