maximus

Woodbury Fire

1 hour ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

The lake is full of fish dude. After the Wallow fire we had a big fish kill the next year from the crap coming in the salt.

I know Roosevelt has fish in it. I just don’t remember it ever having a devestating golden algae fish kill like Apache canyon and sag. Those lakes are already screwed right now 

3 hours ago, bigorange said:

Still time for point guard?

Can I still add it? If I can I’ll do it right now. 

3 hours ago, bigorange said:

Still time for point guard?

Can I still add it? If I can I’ll do it right now. 

Just purchased point guard. Thanks for the reminder. 

10 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

Just purchased point guard. Thanks for the reminder. 

In addition to lots of whitetail habitat that didn't burn as a fail-safe, I wouldn't second guess keeping the tag and killing a monster in the post-burn area.

I know this is a devastating/catastrophic fire by most standards, but I wouldn't underestimate a coues' ability to navigate survival regardless. And, there will be previously unglassable areas with under-pressured bucks that will open up.  

• Like 1

Does anyone remember when the other big fires hit like wallow and rodeo did game and fish shut down the hunt that year?????

at this point I'm sure forest service won't let anyone into burned areas. Would make sense for game and fish to kill the hunts for a few years. 

Nope. They don’t shut the hunts down. I’m sure if the fired were actively burning during the hunt, they’d do something 

58 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Does anyone remember when the other big fires hit like wallow and rodeo did game and fish shut down the hunt that year?????

at this point I'm sure forest service won't let anyone into burned areas. Would make sense for game and fish to kill the hunts for a few years. 

I had a 27 early archery bull tag the year of Wallow Fire (wish they'd had Point Guard back then)...they didn't shut down the hunts, but FS closed a lot of areas and roads. Probably should have been more closed areas based on some of the mess we got into on that hunt.

G&F shut down unit 19B antelope 7 or 8 years back.  This was not due to fire or anything but more to do with access being locked up by landowners if I remember correctly.  They have since drastically reduced the number of tags they issue.  

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 7:31 PM, daryl_s said:

I put in for this unit two days before the fire started :(

Me too

Great.

New fire 1000ac. along I-17 at Badger Springs. Hiway shut down in both directions.

16 minutes ago, Edge said:

Great.

New fire 1000ac. along I-17 at Badger Springs. Hiway shut down in both directions.

Started at the Badger Springs trailhead.  Just like the Woodbury fire started at the Woodbury trailhead. Makes you wonder. 

Either there are a bunch of stupid hikers....or...........

• Like 1