dcshorthairs

German Shorthair Pups

We have a litter of German shorthair pups that should hit the ground in the next week or so. We are excited for this litter for many reasons. Duke and Bella are both healthy dogs, Duke (liver and white) weighing in around 55 pounds and Bella (black and white) around 40 pounds. Both are ground pounders and noses that will find game birds. Duke trialed for a couple years in Arizona and Texas for NSTRA. We did well and he handles like a well oiled machine. Bella is almost broke. Her heat came right about the time we were starting to get serious about finishing and thinking about force fetch. Both of these dogs have temperaments that are amazing. Family dogs when not hunting is how we raise our dogs. Smart, loving, energetic, and loves all (including strangers). We are asking $550 for males and $650 for females to CWT members only. The pups will be AKC registered. We don't know if they will be liver and white or black and white. Duke comes from the Crosswind Truckin Fritz (16X NSTRA Champion) line. Bella has Rockin G's Warhead (4X NSTRA Champion) lines. Please let me know if you are interested. I will post pictures of the pups when the time comes. Always available for questions if needed. Thanks for the interest. 

4409108_orig.jpg

60751616_655444251534261_4499983883382554624_o.jpg

• Like 3

Great looking dogs. I owned and hunted quail here with a shorthair for several years. She was tremendous on Mearns' and Gambel's.

If any of your buyers need a crate/kennel, please alert them to the one I have listed here in the classified. It's in like-new condition. 

I am interested in a bitch, however on the contingency I can find a trainer. Bill Gibbons trained my last two and he's no longer training. I am not interested in working with Tony M. 

1 minute ago, GTIMANiac said:

I am interested in a bitch, however on the contingency I can find a trainer. Bill Gibbons trained my last two and he's no longer training. I am not interested in working with Tony M. 

Best dog trainer bar none. I spent three summers with Gibbons and I will never forget it . Great person and trainer. Learned so much from him and my dogs are an example of what his legacy will be 

1 minute ago, dcshorthairs said:

Best dog trainer bar none. I spent three summers with Gibbons and I will never forget it . Great person and trainer. Learned so much from him and my dogs are an example of what his legacy will be 

I never had the honor of meeting Bill West, but Bill Gibbons trained my two shorthairs back in 2005 for four months. He is the most patient and even-tempered man I have ever met in my life. I am happy he's retired but at the same time wish that he wasn't.

I will put the word out for you. 

Hey guys,

After a roller coaster day, it appears that we lost all of the puppies today. Went in to the vet cause we seen some not so normal things and found out that none of the pups had a heartbeat. It's sad for my dog and family. I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. 

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear this.  I’ve got 2 GSPs (10,11) of my life owning n hunting behind them.  Both have great blood lines one is from monkeyshine kennels in Michigan and the other is from a friend who trains n breeds out of California who has numerous chamiopn field dogs country wide.  If you are ever interested in breeding the dog again let me know. Got the papers and pedigree on both my males.  All I ask is for 2 pups, one for my daughter and one for my hunting buddy