Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Heber Mule trip

4 days of riding and camping in the cool empty pines. A little lonely but mom came by to visit and I brought plenty of books. 

Pretty cool I took mom for her first ever mule ride and only her second time on horseback in 40 years. We came upon a coyote which we followed from way back and she led us to her den full of pups, so cool to have mom see that. 

Came across two separate bands of "wild horses" and snagged some good video. 

There are horses in some of these pics but phone doesn't make it good to see them  

It's super dry up there but the tanks have good water. It's just dry everywhere else. Be careful with flames and heat. I chose no fire for the week but I could have legally had one. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 10

Thanks for sharing.  I've had some fun times on a Mule in county like that.  I'm not a cowboy and know very little about horses or mules.  My boss knows plenty about both and when he takes people like me, he puts them on his Mule and all I have to do is speed her up or slow her down.  She follows the horse in front.  

Wow and pizza in the back country, looks like a Margarita, fresh mozzarella and basil. I am hungry now.

• Like 1

Prescott for this week, spent a really great week in the Prescott forests with the family. Riding, hiking, rodeo, tons of deer. Its becoming tradition to have pizza in camp. On top of the horse trailer is yes, a zebra and two horses driven up there by a one armed cowboy  

Books read, Patrick McManus a fine and pleasant misery "highly recommend " 

the old man and the sea : Hemingway 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing the pics!! I’d be ecstatic to have a mule like the ones pictured. I’ve had a few mules in the past in hopes of riding them into the back country, but unfortunately time had other plans for me and I never made enough time to work with them. 

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Here's some of the wild bunch

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

*feral

• Like 2