Sign in to follow this  
Redman

4A Archery Bull - show me your pics

46 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Unless you have a crossbow permit. Or use it during a rifle hunt. Only illegal during a archery hunt without the permit.

Is that confirmed? I read it as that devise is illegal in AZ. You can use a bow or a crossbow with permit. 

21 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Is that confirmed? I read it as that devise is illegal in AZ. You can use a bow or a crossbow with permit. 

“Bow” means a long bow, flat bow, recurve bow, or compound bow of which the bowstring is drawn and held under tension entirely by the physical power of the shooter through all points of the draw cycle until the shooter purposely acts to release the bowstring either by relaxing the tension of the toes, fingers, or mouth or by triggering the release of a hand-held release aid. 

Crossbow” means a device consisting of a bow affixed on a stock having a trigger mechanism to release the bowstring. 

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Unless you have a crossbow permit. Or use it during a rifle hunt. Only illegal during a archery hunt without the permit.

Crossbow” means a device consisting of a bow affixed on a stock having a trigger mechanism to release the bowstring. 

I'm no expert but that device in the picture doesn't look like it would meet the definition for a crossbow even if you had the CHAMP crossbow permit

I could have misread it long ago. I got a draw lock for my kids, as I understand it you can go backwards in technology. For example if you have a rifle tag you can still use a bow, crossbow, draw lock, or a muzzleloader.  I was under the impression that the only time a draw lock would be illegal would be during archery season, unless you have the permit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bonecollector said:

Oh you actually checked the regs? Lol

Lol.  Took less than 3 min.  

its ok. I’ll be wrong again I’m sure. 

My kid bow hunts with a actual bow,  she’s 11.  No draw lock needed