Got bored coyote hunting ( read, none were coming in) so decided to turn it into a trophy jack rabbit hunt. After looking over many trophies, this is the one I settled. The 3" #4 buck shot did its job! Do I win the trophy picture?

Ps. I missed another coyote, but I had reason to with this one, it was a 40 yard shot through brush with my handgun!

0322080807.jpg

PSS, this was with my camera phone! Couescowboy has other ones on his digital.

AT A BOY CASEY. THAT IS A MONSTER. i love shootin those things, get em out at like 4 and 5 hundred yards and things get interesting. i went out with a buddy yesterday morning, made like six or seven GREAT stands and didn't even hear a yote. sucked. Then i get home last night and they are just singing away, three or four groups around my house! gotta love it. We did see a big group of whitetails and another of mule deer. pretty good 80 incher in the whitetail group.

AT A BOY CASEY. THAT IS A MONSTER. i love shootin those things, get em out at like 4 and 5 hundred yards and things get interesting. i went out with a buddy yesterday morning, made like six or seven GREAT stands and didn't even hear a yote. sucked. Then i get home last night and they are just singing away, three or four groups around my house! gotta love it. We did see a big group of whitetails and another of mule deer. pretty good 80 incher in the whitetail group.

Longest confirmed Jack rabbit : 422, with the Kimber 22-250.

502 with the 270 wsm!

70 with the Xd-40

40 (this one) with the 12 guage!

Nice pic there Casey!! That may be the first camera phone pic I have seen look so good.

Amanda

It looks good because the shade is blacking out most of his face.

Nice pic there Casey!! That may be the first camera phone pic I have seen look so good.

Amanda

It looks good because the shade is blacking out most of his face.

post-1778-1206229898.gif

I think you should have put the phone closer to the bunny and gotten back a little farther to make him look even bigger, just like the mule deer hunters do :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd do a shoulder mount on that pig.

That tortuga deserves to be a life size full body mount!!!!!!

Well, I know this is the post everyone has been waiting for. I apologize for taking so long to get the pictures up but I kind of felt immoral posting them on Sunday and well I was just busy yesterday. Mr. Charter first contacted me in late 2007 for possibly booking a 2 day hunt with Long Eared Outfitters, however I was booked plum through Christmas, It just didn't look good with our busy schedules. However I realized that Mr. Charter was really focused on taking a true Arizona trophy Jack. His dedication was further realized when he called to inform me that he had indeed purchased the 2008 governors jack tag!!! He was serious. At this point I cleared my schedule and a date was set. We would really be roughing it on a half day hunt near the border but I was excited. Enought of the small talk though, lets go huntin.

I picked Mr. Charter up at his Tucson residence near 4:45 in the AM on March the 22 day of 2008 and we were pumped. After about 14 or 15 coffee pit stops we were deep into the outer suburbs of Tucson. This was prime trophy Jack country. After a grueling 28 yard hike into our glassing point I had located the first jack of the hunt, a good 7 incher but not what we were looking for. After all this was the governors tag. Then I heard Mr. Charter excitedly whisper "look over there..." All we could see was his right ear but it was definitely a good looking jack, nice mass and everything. We got set up and waited for him to feed into a clear shooting lane, after a nerve racking 43 second wait he stepped out and Dang, he was busted up on the left side. Probably from a skirmish with one of the local bands of roaming rogue cottontails, I tell you them cottontails are scrappy. After seeing a few more young jacks we decided we would have to move onto some rougher country if we wanted a real monster. So we piled into McLovin (My Jeep) and headed further into the outback.

It was pushing 9 am now and I was getting low on Copenhagen, never a good thing on such a prime hunt. Bad planning on my part, I was cursing myself when it happened. We came around a slight bend in the road and there they were. Not one but two absolute bruisers. Them ol Jacks don't get big by being stupid and as soon as they saw McLovin they sensed something was wrong. In a flash they were bounding off through the treacherous desert, one of em looked funny and thats when we realized what we had stumbled on, one of the Jacks had a DROP EAR. Holy buckets of bouncin bear (censor). By now they had moved out of sight so we decided we would do some tracking. About 12 yards off the road we found where they had jumped the fence but the hair on the top strand let us know we were close. While debating on which way they was headed I heard a low growl. I slowly turned around and was face to face with one of these beasts. He was bushed up under a little mesquite tree ready to make his last stand. With ears pinned back and fangs showing I knew he wasn't going to go easily. I got Mr. Charter set up and drew my pistol, you never know when one of these killers might charge. I could tell Mr. Charter was nervous, heck I was too. This was a big dang rabbit and we was in a tight spot. I told Mr. Charter to shoot before he charged and we had us a real wreck but he was having trouble getting the bead on his shotgun lined up, I think the clashing of that rabbits teeth had him scared. Just when I thought we were done for that ol 12 gauge rang out and it really mollywhopped that Jack! He's an absolute toad, after pictures we caped him out and started the 7 minute journey back to McLovin. After the official drying period we will let everyone know what he scores, right now he may be the pending Az record. Just to give you a hint on how wide he is, depending on what kind of keyboard you have it will dang near fit between his ears. :P

All in all it was a great hunt!!!

post-2208-1206468518_thumb.jpg

post-2208-1206468567_thumb.jpg

post-2208-1206468610_thumb.jpg

Please take all of the above at face value. It's simply madness brought on by the Game and Fish and there inability to post draw results in a timely fashion and by timely fashion I mean at least a week ago. :lol: :lol: :P :lol: B) :ph34r: Oh yeah if you are looking to book a hunt with Long Eared Outfitters, here is our contact info and motto................

Our Mission is to provide you an enjoyable and memorable hunting experience that will bring you back to hunt with us again. We will custom tailor your hunt to fit you and your needs.

Call Us Today @ 623- :P -1348 or 623- ;) -9839