Sign in to follow this  
SeanP

NEW NX8s ARE HERE!

I have a buddy who should be getting one of the first runs.  Can't wait to hear his opinion on it.  He has/had other good glass to compare to as well.  The 2.5-20x50 is a really appealing hunting optic for the sub-$2000 range if it has decent glass and good mechanics.  

"Decent glass" is subjective.  I am sure it will be DECENT.  For $2k, it better be.  But, I am not a real fan of the NXS glass.  Even some ATACR glass is not what I call "alpha level".  The ATACR F1 seems to be a big step up from the many NXS/ATACR scopes I have shot behind.  If it is better than NXS, these should be a huge success.

• Like 1

I like the idea.  Just ordered a S&B Exos 3-21 about a week before they announced these.  It looks like they only make them in FFP so that would DQ me from buying one but maybe they’ll start offering a SFP.  Like the size and zoom ratio.  

• Like 1

Keep us posted.  Hope you can get your hands on one and let us know what you like dislike.  Im still waiting for your Lance shooting Youtube channel

Have a NX8 4-32 and an ATACR 4-16 F1 both in hand and hopefully headed to the range this week!  The NX8 looks great just playing around in the neighborhood!

• Like 1

The glass on the NX8 certainly holds it own with the ATACR at equal magnification settings, slight edge to the ATACR. Shot during the middle of the day so there wasn't much difference in terms of light gathering.

Personally I like the magnification ring better on the NX8 and found the eye relief/eye box to be easier to get behind than the ATACR.

I definitely like the Zero SET turret on the ATACR better than the Zero STOP on the NX8 but the clicks on each are GREAT.

For the budget it is really hard to see much competing with the NX8!

• Like 2