Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Reloading "Oops" Thread

In another thread, the discussion of "Oops" came up.  Probably a great topic on what NOT to do when reloading.  

I will start.

20170828_185945_zpsejtetm0e.jpg

• Like 2

Of course the resized brass slid right into the chamber, once the bullets were put on, not so much. This is as far as they will go. I haven't even gotten around to pull them.

0625191856~2.jpg

I have accidentally emptied the powder thrower of H1000 into a jug of retumbo. Had to throw out the can. Not to mention I have crushed my fair share of cases. 

I have over crimped a few 3006 rounds back in the day and crushed the shoulders. 357 mag too.

I have also stuck a few cases in reloading dies because of lack of lubrication. 300 weatherby mag seems to be the worst. I had to use a hammer to drive the case out of the die with the decapping rod. It destroyed the decap rod, but the brass came out. 

My dad loaded a 338 win mag with no powder once. He also loaded an unprimed case with powder and bullet. I had to ban him from his own reloading equipment when I was about 12 years old...

My biggest "oops" was a squib and forgetting to measure case length resulting in some rounds not chambering. Both 7-08 but not too bad in 15 years of reloading and upwards of 7K rounds. 

When I was actively reloading I would go to my reloading room and leave the radio and TV off.

3 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Is that the Weatherby Uber Improved double radius ????

I named it the 7mm Foreskin.

• Like 6

I’ve torn out the neck on .17 fireball brass faaaarr more times than i’d like to admit. Trying to hold that little tiny flat based bullet with my sausage fingers while guiding it into the seater die just doesn’t work very well

Dont you hate when you empty your reloads out of your pocket and leave them next to your wife's curling iron all night, oh no?... just me... I've crushed some brass a time or too myself.

20171031_072947.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1