Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

Vortex razor uhd

Just received an email from vortex with this new uhd line of razor optics.  I carry a pair of 10x razor hd on my chest and short glass with them before I pull out the swaro 15 hd.  For the price I think they are a good glass.  Was looking into getting a pair of 12 el’s but the price kills me.  Grand less for 12 uhd.  Wonder how they will compare to the el’s    

Saw that on rokslide earlier today.  People seemed to not be happy with the prospective field of view on them.  Are you thinking about selling the 10s and the 15s to go the 12 route?

Throwing the idea around of passing down the 10s, selling spotting scope and 15s.  Getting 12s and btx someday.  Would weight within .5 lbs of what I’m packing around now.  

Get the 12 EL’s.  Something with some actual craftsmanship, not some crap slapped together by a bunch of 9year olds in a sweat shop. 

• Like 1

They list the fov as 236’ for the 12s. That’s on par with most high end 15s. If that’s correct then those will be a terrible option. 

On 6/27/2019 at 7:50 PM, grey curse said:

Just received an email from vortex with this new uhd line of razor optics.  I carry a pair of 10x razor hd on my chest and short glass with them before I pull out the swaro 15 hd.  For the price I think they are a good glass.  Was looking into getting a pair of 12 el’s but the price kills me.  Grand less for 12 uhd.  Wonder how they will compare to the el’s    

I bought 18's and think they should have made 15's not 18's but I am betting the 12's are ridiculoulously nice! Definitely check them out.