NOTAGS

censorship?

Huh,? I posted on the 2020 Dem debate thread, received a  notification that someone commented on my comment,  went to look and ..... its gone!?  In another " area" I need a password to access?  Is CNN a sponsor?

• Like 1

Its the political pit, was invented a few years back do to name calling. Yup need a password..

• Like 1

censorship?  , ya it happens when you get to close to the truth.  About all you need to know is lefties know what you need and they are promising free stuff.  The money to pay for it will come out of thin air.

Wheres mi free fone obama?  😑

• Like 1

I’m glad Amanda came up the “Non-hunting related Politics” forum.  It’s made the site more enjoyable for folks who just want to share information and experiences on hunting, hiking, fishing, shooting, backpacking, etc. because we can now do so without having to wade through numerous overtly political threads.  I’ve learned so much by being a member on here for more than a decade. 

Sure, politics are important.  I’m glad people hold political beliefs.  I certainly hold them.  I’m glad people discuss politics publicly because that’s the market place of ideas where we can critically scrutinize and pressure test our own ideas and those of others.   We can change our views if convinced we were wrong about something or we can have more confidence in our convictions if, when exposed to challenges and different viewpoints, we emerge more convinced of our position.  So we win either way.

If someone wants to talk politics with me, I’m happy oblige.  If, however, someone wants to talk politics at me, well, I’ve never found that useful.  Often, the political topics in the Campfire forum devolved into simplistic, intransigent, name-calling full of logical fallacies.  That’s not helpful, not productive, and not fun.

I go with the premise that we are all Americans and that we all want what’s best for America.  I also believe that we have different ideas for how to best keep this Republic humming along in the most efficient and sustainable way.  Throughout human history, Democracy has been the exception, not the rule.  The fact that we have, for the last 243 years or so, governed ourselves without a monarchy, without an oligarchy, without a plutocracy, is pretty remarkable. 

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity” can and, indeed, should have direct, thoughtful, and serious discussions about our society and politics.  It’s our enemies that want us to see our fellow Americans with different ideas as “others” who represent an existential threat to our way of life, not worthy of being treated with dignity and respect, and to have us be divided by stereotypes, tropes, and simplistic name calling.   

I guess I took the long way around the barn on this but I’m glad Amanda came up the “Non-hunting related Politics” forum. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

I’m glad Amanda came up the “Non-hunting related Politics” forum.  It’s made the site more enjoyable for folks who just want to share information and experiences on hunting, hiking, fishing, shooting, backpacking, etc. because we can now do so without having to wade through numerous overtly political threads.  I’ve learned so much by being a member on here for more than a decade. 

Sure, politics are important.  I’m glad people hold political beliefs.  I certainly hold them.  I’m glad people discuss politics publicly because that’s the market place of ideas where we can critically scrutinize and pressure test our own ideas and those of others.   We can change our views if convinced we were wrong about something or we can have more confidence in our convictions if, when exposed to challenges and different viewpoints, we emerge more convinced of our position.  So we win either way.

If someone wants to talk politics with me, I’m happy oblige.  If, however, someone wants to talk politics at me, well, I’ve never found that useful.  Often, the political topics in the Campfire forum devolved into simplistic, intransigent, name-calling full of logical fallacies.  That’s not helpful, not productive, and not fun.

I go with the premise that we are all Americans and that we all want what’s best for America.  I also believe that we have different ideas for how to best keep this Republic humming along in the most efficient and sustainable way.  Throughout human history, Democracy has been the exception, not the rule.  The fact that we have, for the last 243 years or so, governed ourselves without a monarchy, without an oligarchy, without a plutocracy, is pretty remarkable. 

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity” can and, indeed, should have direct, thoughtful, and serious discussions about our society and politics.  It’s our enemies that want us to see our fellow Americans with different ideas as “others” who represent an existential threat to our way of life, not worthy of being treated with dignity and respect, and to have us be divided by stereotypes, tropes, and simplistic name calling.   

I guess I took the long way around the barn on this but I’m glad Amanda came up the “Non-hunting related Politics” forum. 

Good post.....I admit I love bringing up political things that are happening in our society and honestly feel like the campfire is a perfect place for talking politics. If we are going to use name calling as a reason to get kicked to the dungeon there is alot of cleaning up to do on this CWT board!

I'm not a fan of name calling, I like that the site is kid friendly most of the time but it does disappoint me that we get sent to the dungeon just for wanting to talk politics with hunters.........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bojangles said:

So, what is the password?  

Unit23powerlines

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure what everyone else's camp fire is like but we talk politics all the time around ours.  We also fart out loud, burp, cuss and talk about women in a not so PC way.  You mean to tell me we have been doing it wrong all these years?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knothead said:

Not sure what everyone else's camp fire is like but we talk politics all the time around ours.  We also fart out loud, burp, cuss and talk about women in a not so PC way.  You mean to tell me we have been doing it wrong all these years?

You chauvinist!  I am hunting with my daughter as much as my buddies these days, so we stick to farting out loud, burping and cussing.  I wouldnt want to offend her.