tomkat12

Tranny guy needed (no not that kind sickos) UPDATE

Hello Coueswhitetail family, I'm looking for a good transmission shop to rebuild a transmission in a 2016 Ram 2500 automatic. Please let me know if you guys have any recommendations. 

For those of you wondering the truck has 119000 miles on it and started shifting weird about two weeks ago, took it to the dealership and they said it had a recall for a transmission solenoid that would likely fix my issue and scheduled an appointment for a week or so out. During that week my boss borrowed the truck and my camp trailer for a trip to reservation lake, on their way home the check engine light came on. I picked it up the next day and dropped it off for the recall. After getting the truck back from the dealership I noticed no change in the funky shifting and returned it to the dealership who then charged $280 to diagnose the problem. They came back and reported that they thought it "probably" needed a new transmission but since it was no longer under warranty I could kick rocks. I told them that this vehicle had been dealership maintained per they manufactures specs and that it would just barely be due for its first transmission service and asked if it was acceptable service life for a $50k plus diesel truck which they claimed it was normal. I then pointed out that the truck had apparently been driving around with a faulty solenoid since new and asked if that could be the root cause of the transmission failure at which point they recommended I call Chrysler and see what they said. Still working that angle but doubtful. 

Edited by tomkat12
Update

All State transmission in Mesa. I've used them a bunch and always been great. They build for many transmission shops in az. Good work and good price.

Fred Swanson at FSR Diesel. He is the King of Dodge transmissions. It’s literally all he does. I had him build mine up back in the day after I added a bunch of goodies to the motor. Haven’t had a single issue in 50k miles with it  

https://fsrdiesel.com/

• Like 1

Denny’s at 3902 S Central is good

I second Fred Swanson. We are lucky to have probably the worlds foremost expert on Dodge transmissions right here in Maricopa County. He’s reasonable, and a helluva good guy. 

Heard that trphyhnter guy knows a couple good tranny guys 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Definately Not!!

Agree to disagree. I had two dealerships try to sell me a new transmission and brought it to them and the only problem was a torque converter. They did a phenomenal job, saved me a bunch of money, and I got a bunch of life out of that truck. They have 188 reviews and 4.7 stars. You must be the outlier 

• Like 1