I guess its Mexico for coues , key west for tuna and New Jersey for eastern whitetail, the he'll with az. Wish I would of used my bonus points for Wyoming, congrats to all who got drawn..

• Like 2

Well how many people didnt get hit for hunts that are always on the left over list. I put my wife and oldest in for hints that are always on the left over list year after year and it doesn't appear they got drawn. On a side note I only put in for late december hunts with the normal 2 bonus points this year and got hit on that card. 

1 hour ago, TexasHunter said:

Well how many people didnt get hit for hunts that are always on the left over list. I put my wife and oldest in for hints that are always on the left over list year after year and it doesn't appear they got drawn. On a side note I only put in for late december hunts with the normal 2 bonus points this year and got hit on that card. 

Yes. This happened to us. There must have been a gigantic increase in applications, as some of the hunts we applied for have always had leftovers. When we applied, it wasn't even a question to put some choices 3-5, as we figured we would draw, given the last decade had tags leftover in large quantities. Moving forward, have to totally figure out a different strategy. 

I put in my 3rd choice for a nov. coues hunt to assure I would at least get to hunt......no hit.   I’m predicting the leftover list will be pretty small!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coues79 said:

Yes. This happened to us. There must have been a gigantic increase in applications, as some of the hunts we applied for have always had leftovers. When we applied, it wasn't even a question to put some choices 3-5, as we figured we would draw, given the last decade had tags leftover in large quantities. Moving forward, have to totally figure out a different strategy. 

Dang, I guess I better get to planning on OTC archery, I used to be able to snag a leftover hunt down in ilego country pretty easy. Darn  out of staters relocating here! Everywhere I look I see Califrutie plates.  I hope their chonies  are soggy this week and they rethink their choice of new domicile.

• Like 1

Remember we got all the California hunters putting in here now.

• Like 1

I called my Cabela's credit card Friday morning as my son and I were driving to the San Juan for another father/son flyfishing weekend.  He got a youth deer tag, although we don't know which unit.  I'm guessing he got his first choice of 35A.  There was a general tag charge, too.  I put both my wife and me in separately for the 12BW late hunt and 12B late hunt as our first and second choices, respectively.  I'm hoping that's me with the 12BW late hunt!

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

I figured to be a sure thing for 12BW late this year with 14 points. Nada. 

1 hour ago, Ed67 said:

I figured to be a sure thing for 12BW late this year with 14 points. Nada. 

That's how many I have.  My wife had fewer, which leads me to believe I have the tag.  I was recently talking to a couple of friends, who pointed out that 14 was guaranteed for last year, but not the previous 2-3 years.  Probably drought related since not as many folks wanted to chase big deer during a bad antler-year.  I went from high hopes to planning archery hunts until I was pleasantly surprised Friday.

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Remember we got all the California hunters putting in here now.

With all of these Califarnjia hunters out there the deer will be safe.

• Like 3