mathews4804

Sunrise

There's been a lot of changes this year, hopefully the lady will learn from her mistake next year. We will be going up Friday, im already committed and paid. They defiantly jacked the prices up I have a lot of friends and family who are just camping and shooting at camp or just not going all together. The other thing that sucks is the prize $$$ was cut in 1/2 and our fee's went up. over $100 for me to shoot without a practice course or lift pass. pretty nuts. Be interesting to see how the vender situation plays out as well. darn shame honestly. A friend of mine is having a team shoot each day at different times @ there camp tho so that's something else some can do as well as a long shot, and 15 target practice range.

There were almost no vendors there as of yesterday.....sad. Prices are way too high, but a stunning location to shoot.  The tribe needs to replace the coordinator with someone that has experience in this area.  JMO

• Like 2

Too bad.  This was always my favorite shoot.  Planned on going this year but had to cancel at last minute. 

At least we still have the Mormon lake shoot in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

Anyone who went have any pictures? Curious to see the vender area, and parking lot to see how many people went.

46 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Buddy said it was quite a bit busier than he expected.

I seen some instagram videos that show it was dead. Empty parking lot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It is all relative but here is his exact quote. "Better turnout than I expected" he has been the main guy for many years up there. Maybe he just expected no one to show up.

I know this wont be popular but I would rather pay a little more and not deal with all the people. It got tiresome to wait 30 min to shoot a target. Ive been going there from the beginning and stopped going when it took 4 or 5 hours to do 1 course. Sure it is fun and all but you could spend all day and shoot 20 or 30 arrows.  

I'm not saying I agree with the drastic price increase but something had to give. Supply and demand at work. I bet it was a quiet and awesome time up there.

• Like 2

I did that shoot in 2014 when I drew my unit 9 archery tag. It was at an absolutely amazing time. Sad to see the prices Skyrocket.

I was there for the drawing and awards yesterday afternoon.  Shooters that were there the entire weekend told me there were very few vendors throughout the week and the least amount of people they've seen.  They finished the course in record time.....according to them.  Not sure on the total number of shooters, but for the awards/drawings presentation, everyone fit in the food dining area (3rd floor) with plenty of room to spare.  When we shot the fun courses during the week, we never saw another group of shooters in front or behind us.  Nothing like last year, for sure.  Was nice, actually, as we weren't rushed or slowed at all.  Having said that, I won't attend next year at the current prices.   There are other shoots in the pines that are far more reasonable, IMO. I sure hope they adjust the prices next year  and listen to their customers.    

• Like 1

It was a small turn out but the weather was good I know not the best picture but there wasn't anymore than 10 or12 vendors 

836.jpeg