longbowpilot

Activists in the draw

I heard that about 20% of tags in the draw are bought by wildlife activists trying to prevent animals from being killed, then they just throw the tags away.  Any truth to that?

8 minutes ago, longbowpilot said:

I heard that about 20% of tags in the draw are bought by wildlife activists trying to prevent animals from being killed, then they just throw the tags away.  Any truth to that?

I get your point, but you can't by a tag in the draw. You can only buy a bonus point.

In the world we live in, i would think this does happen unfortunately. I'm sure to some extent, they do purchase licenses, then enter the draws. 20% seems like a crazy high number once all of that is calculated into money but I wouldn't put it past them.  

Good for conservation.  The game and fish will just correct it based on harvest objective and population objectives and it will generate more revenue for the state.  

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

I get your point, but you can't by a tag in the draw. You can only buy a bonus point.

I mean like enter the draw and if they get a tag then they pay for it and don’t hunt. I’m sure there are plenty of rich liberals out there that do it to make themselves feel good

Let them feel good. They don’t realize they’re spending the same money as us to go to the same cause. Sucks less people get a chance to hunt but I don’t think they’re saving any animals by doing it.

58 minutes ago, longbowpilot said:

I sure hope so, buncha dummies! No better way than I can see to waste their own money and improve my odds!

• Like 1

As many people as I know that have yet to get a hit when they put in for easy to draw and traditionally 100% draw hunts I feel like something strange has happened this year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

I sure hope so, buncha dummies! No better way than I can see to waste their own money and improve my odds!

If the dummies draw tags? How does that help your odds?

2 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Good for conservation.  The game and fish will just correct it based on harvest objective and population objectives and it will generate more revenue for the state.  

what if they increase the tags and then the antis stop putting in, then its just inflated numbers of tags?

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

how does increasing the number of applicants improve your odds

wtf am i reading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, creed_az_88 said:

As many people as I know that have yet to get a hit when they put in for easy to draw and traditionally 100% draw hunts I feel like something strange has happened this year. 

No doubt! Feelin the same pain

It’s not activists. It’s Instagram pages like Mathews archery that did a film in January telling everyone about seeing 500 deer, it’s pages like hushin that go out of their way to make sure everyone knows the opportunity in AZ, etc. but the funny thing is all the people who think October- early December is anything like January are in for a rude awakening. 

• Like 9