Sign in to follow this  
Lazy-H98

Shoulder dents?

So I was all set to seat my Accubonds for my 7MM, when I discovered a dent on the shoulder of several brass.  First off what causes the shoulder dents? and is it still safe to shoot at the range?  I noticed it on the first one and stopped right there. 

Could be too much lube on your cases when you resize them, could be something is stuck in your die. That dent should blow out when you fire your gun.

• Like 1

Here ya go, get some of these, clean your dies with whatever your choice is, then cut down on your case lube and your dents should go away.

0702192038~2.jpg

I had a dirty die give me the same problem. 

1 hour ago, Lazy-H98 said:

Thanks fellas!  The vent hole was clear.  Can hit is with some brake cleaner to help clean out my die?

Thats what i use.

2 hours ago, Lazy-H98 said:

Thanks fellas!  The vent hole was clear.  Can hit is with some brake cleaner to help clean out my die?

I fat fingered that one.  Ment to say "Can I hit it with some brake cleaner to help clean out my die?"

Thanks again fellas.....

What lube are you using? A little Imperial Sizing Wax works great. The best was when Dillon came out with the spray in the aerosol can but they took it off the market after a few years. When they did I went to Hornady One Shot but it wasn't as good as the Dillon.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

What lube are you using? A little Imperial Sizing Wax works great. The best was when Dillon came out with the spray in the aerosol can but they took it off the market after a few years. When they did I went to Hornady One Shot but it wasn't as good as the Dillon.

Hornady One Shot can.

1 hour ago, Lazy-H98 said:

Hornady One Shot can.

The wax is good stuff. Cases feel like it takes less effort to size them.