Snapshot

Used Toyota Tundra advice

3 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

It will need the timing belt and water pump done if it hasn't and some other minor things have been replaced post 200k. Also, if you did buy one, first thing I would do is swap out the lower ball joints.

I imagine those 3 things would cost at least $1500 or more?

By a shop, yes, but not if you are doing your own work.

Timing belt and pump varied greatly if you go OEM. Lower ball joints are extremely easy just a weak spot on these vehicles that can leave you stranded if you take them offroad.

1 minute ago, CouesPursuit said:

By a shop, yes, but not if you are doing your own work.

Timing belt and pump varied greatly if you go OEM. Lower ball joints are extremely easy just a weak spot on these vehicles if you take them offroad.

After watching the video on the Tundra timing belt, I think I will pass on DIY.  there was actually an engine under all the stuff he unbolted. LOL.

My 99 Dodge is much easier to work on.

I had an 02 tundra with the 4.7 lacked power to pull hills ithout down shifting and running high rpms. The balljoints went out all the time. Broke both rear leaf springs. I finally got rid of it at 130 thousand miles. I averaged 12 mpg every where I went. 

Snapshot that  looks like a really nice clean truck. however unless your getting that truck for around 4-5k it wouldnt be worth it. mainly due to mileage.

consider youll need to put a new motor in it shortly, and definnately suspension. tranny should last 300-400+K miles. taking to get it inspected will tell you only one thing. it works at that time and is in good general condition. but with that many miles you can loose a timing belt, blow a head gasket spin a bearing etc etc at anytime.

a nice clean looking truck is always deceiving to buy, cause most people see clean not the mechanical parts they only last xxx amount of time.

• Thanks 1

They want $9999.00 for it. I was thinking its probably too risky. Just don't have the spare cash to be putting into more vehicle repairs. Especially, big ticket items like engines.