Red Rabbit

Whatcha Lissnin to?

On 7/6/2019 at 9:03 AM, Snapshot said:

Something to get the juices flowing. A great rendition of Journeys "Seperate ways". The guitar player can shred with the best of them.

I'll give you the guitarist could give Schon a run for his money.  The girl belts it out, but no one sings that like Perry.

• Like 1

Ryan Bingham, Josh Ward, Kyle Park, Cody Johnson, Aaron Watson, Casey Donahew, Whitey Morgan, Hank Williams III, Ray Wiley Hubbard, Wheeler Walker Jr and just about any 80’s country. 

Old Lightfoot, Edmund Fitzgerald,  little KISS,   100.7

On 7/20/2019 at 12:40 AM, sjvcon said:

I'll give you the guitarist could give Schon a run for his money.  The girl belts it out, but no one sings that like Perry.

Steve Perry was an iconic voice back in the day. Shame that he parted ways with Journey. The dude is 70 years old now.

10 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

Another channel I follow is the Norwegian Goddess, Minniva.

A little Dio, anyone?

Meh, It's hard however to do a cover on one of the most incredible, iconic voices of all time. 

Having said that, Disturbed - The Sound of Silence just ended and I love that cover.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

Another channel I follow is the Norwegian Goddess, Minniva.

A little Dio, anyone?

Ya sure, if Ronnie James is singing!  Her, meh.

Yeah, except Dio was butt ugly. R.I.P

I saw Dio live, when he joined Black Sabbath. The Black & Blue festival in Phoenix. 1980 i think.

Black Sabbath. Blue Oyster Cult. Molly Hatchett.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snapshot said:

Yeah, except Dio was butt ugly. R.I.P

I saw Dio live, when he joined Black Sabbath. The Black & Blue festival in Phoenix. 1980 i think.

Black Sabbath. Blue Oyster Cult. Molly Hatchett.

Man, you guys listen to some weird chit. :ph34r:

I have a lifetime subscription (no longer offered) to Sirius in my Durango. Although it includes every station, I listen to only one of them -- oldies from the '50s. Otherwise I'm listening to 98.7 sports on regular FM or 620 on AM. Those are the only buttons programmed on my radio. 

My wife also has Sirius in her Hyundae  but could only get a yearly subscription at $150+ per. She also is always tuned to oldies from the '50s. 

2 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I have a lifetime subscription (no longer offered) to Sirius in my Durango. Although it includes every station, I listen to only one of them -- oldies from the '50s. Otherwise I'm listening to 98.7 sports on regular FM or 620 on AM. Those are the only buttons programmed on my radio. 

My wife also has Sirius in her Hyundae  but could only get a yearly subscription at $150+ per. She also is always tuned to oldies from the '50s. 

Next time the Sirrus subscription is going to run out give them a call and tell them you want to cancel, they will make all kind of deals. My wife and I are on one account for 115.00 for a year.

38 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

Next time the Sirrus subscription is going to run out give them a call and tell them you want to cancel, they will make all kind of deals. My wife and I are on one account for 115.00 for a year.

That's a pretty good deal. Which plan do you have?

When I bought my Durango in 2009, they offered a lifetime plan with all stations for about $375, if I recall. I looked at the yearly rates and quickly decided that was the best way to go. But when we bought the Elantra last year, I called to do the same, and they told me it's no longer offered. Obviously, they felt they were losing a lot of money with it. So we signed up for the Mostly Music package at $128 plus $24 for US royalty fee per year.  It comes up for renewal on 9/27, so I'll definitely call and see what kind of deal I can get. I'm an expert at that since I do it with Cox Cable on a regular basis. 

They offer an ala carte deal for $8.99 monthly, but it probably has the royalty fee tacked on, as well. So that would still be over $100 for her to listen to 70-yr. old songs. 🤣

12 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

LOL.

I think it's just the generation gap, Tony. I grew up a Rock -n - Roll headbanger. I do like various genres of music though.

20 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

LOL.

I think it's just the generation gap, Tony. I grew up a Rock -n - Roll headbanger. I do like various genres of music though.

Oldies are fine if you are traveling and end up in BFE without satellite radio or any radio but I don't get listening to stuff we grew up with 60 years ago on purpose all the time. I can deal with it for an hour or so but after that I'd rather roll down the window and listen to nothing.

Been listening to Cody Jinks, Whitey Morgan, and Sturgil Simpson alot. They have that classic outlaw country sound. If you lile Waylon you will enjoy Sturgil Simpson alot!!