Sign in to follow this  
AZkiller

12ae muzzleloader

It's official! Tag #23. I had 2 points. Forced the draw on this tag last year and struck out. God gave me a chance at redemption.

• Like 6

How was that hunt?  I’ve been eyeing it for a while.  I’m guessing it’s just walking around in the timber hoping to walk up on one?  Are the leaves off the trees so it’s better visibility then the oct hunt?  Does the pressure from the oct rifle hunt effect them much?  

Just now, AZkiller said:

It's official! Tag #23. I had 2 points. Forced the draw on this tag last year and struck out. God gave me a chance at redemption.

Congratulations.  Two of my friends drew the same hunt.  I think they averaged out to 5 points.  Fun hunt.

13 hours ago, yotebuster said:

How was that hunt?  I’ve been eyeing it for a while.  I’m guessing it’s just walking around in the timber hoping to walk up on one?  Are the leaves off the trees so it’s better visibility then the oct hunt?  Does the pressure from the oct rifle hunt effect them much?  

We'll I guess typically that's what guys are doing if the deer are on top. Last year the weather was not good. Very windy 5 of the days and 3 of them it didn't get out of the 20's. There were no deer on top. I hope this year is the same minus the wind.

Congratulations. Fun hunt, but still not an easy hunt. 

Been trying for that hunt for several years now.  Congrats!

Brian

I had this hunt last year. It was a fun hunt and inside my cooler was warmer than the outside temp most of the hunt. It did not snow last year and we hunted the pines the whole time. I ended up shooting a decent buck and saw plenty of smaller bucks but didnt see any roads. This was my first time hunting the kiabab and it was a blast with only 50 other tag holders, even less this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willyhunts2 said:

I ended up shooting a decent buck 

Pics or it didn’t happen

• Like 2

That is better than decent. Good work. We worked pretty hard last year on the early rifle hunt in 12AE. I got a less decent buck than you did opening morning (still a decent 4x4), and my buddy ended up working a lot of miles and hills to end up taking a small forky off a main road.

• Like 3

Hate to say this....actually, I LOVE getting to say this....Taylor drew ANOTHER 12AE late rifle tag this year.  Luckiest kid ever.  3 Kaibab tags in 5 years.  Unbelievable.  1 early, two late tags.

• Like 7
  • Wow! 3

29 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Hate to say this....actually, I LOVE getting to say this....Taylor drew ANOTHER 12AE late rifle tag this year.  Luckiest kid ever.  3 Kaibab tags in 5 years.  Unbelievable.  1 early, two late tags.

Hit me up after my hunt and I'll let you know what I saw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David bo6547 said:

Theres some good bucks up there on that Muzzy hunt it's a fun hunt good luck. 

IMG_2659.JPG

Nice deer. Did you hunt the pines then?