Sign in to follow this  
cmille308

46AW

I know I am in for a heck of a hike but would also like to hear from others as to their experience, what worked, what you would have done different, anything you wish you would have done, anything like that would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats !

I have never hunted this unit but drove the only access road through it on way to 46BE. Very tough hunt with limited access but they have killed BC rams there in years past. You can hunt the Agua Dulce Mtns without the long hikes but if you want toĀ  scout the Granite Mtns that is another story.Ā 

Greg Koons out of Yuma guides there but I'm sure there are others as well.

Best of luck hope you get a smoker ram.

Greg

If you plan on doing it DIY I will share what worked for me when I hunted sheep next door in 46BE.

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

The data from the AZGF showed that the one tag in 46AW was a no harvest.Ā  This is going to be tough.

Cool that means there's a bigger than average ram in there šŸ˜†

• Like 2

After an all out adventure of getting stuck, hiking miles and I mean miles everyday into the wilderness area, calling in a group of drug smugglers, running face to face into another group of illegals, watching fighter jets dog fight right above us, we came up with a good ram that checked all the boxes, most of all that everyone in the group was able to be involved. Physically brutal hunt but an awesome hunt! He green scored 165 6/8 at AZGFD and they put him at 8 1/2 yrs.

IMG_20191205_091407.jpg

IMG_20191204_154625.jpg

• Like 18
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 2