44 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

The leftover tags game is going to change.

Already has...last year our group got no tags by putting in primo hunts first and counting on pulling leftovers. Even fewer on the list this year...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, desertmafia21 said:

Not one 36B tag?! That's strange! Every year there used to be a couple hundred. Something is fishy

Application numbers are going up.   I don't think there were a couple of hundred last year.  Seemed much lower, as I remember trying to get my son one.   Seems to me like it could just be more applications, plus possibly more folks picking 36B as 2nd (or even 3rd) choice to try to lock-in a tag as opposed to gambling on left overs.

Doesn't seem to "fishy" to me, unless I'm missing something.....

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, desertmafia21 said:

Not one 36B tag?! That's strange! Every year there used to be a couple hundred. Something is fishy

It's been trending that way for a couple years. Only 51 for 36B on one hunt last year...about 250 for all 36s combined.

• Like 1

Cut tags by 10-20% and make everything except youth hunts at min 3 points to draw and no shooting spikes!  This will start a riot here, but I'd vote for it in a second-- All of us residents already have 2 points before the draw, so you can't draw 2 years in a row.. big deal.  At least whey you do draw, you will have a few of last year spikes to look at and place to look without some one walking by.  More and more people moving into the state, more and more shooting/wounding animals too far away with better and better equipment all with lessening habitat to not do something about it.  My .02

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I’m guessing in regards to the lack of 36b, that out of staters are reading adams’ book and putting in based off what it says. If I recall correctly, it says in it that 36b is the best Coues unit in az 

If one's strategy is to put in for top hunts knowing they won't get drawn, build points and a backup plan for a left over.... have at it.  I prefer to have a tag and plan around it. 

• Like 4

36 A is the best tag in the State . Why ?  Cause thats the tag I drew on 4th choice and gonna make the best out of it and work hard.........BOB!

• Like 5

Do you notice a direct correlation between numbers of people and your freedom of choice?  😲

I would be interested to see how many more people actually put in compared to how many people are starting to fill out all 5 choices instead of just the first 2 and then putting in for leftover tags later.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, desertmafia21 said:

General deer tags 2017: 1508 tags

General deer tags 2018: 1614 tags

General deer tags 2019: 968 tags

Definitely getting to be interesting...

Hey desertmafia21, what do those numbers represent?   Curious.....